Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Can you decipher this handwriting?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Have been attempting to identify an artist by their signature* alone:

My skillz are apparently not awesome. Any GPs in the house? 😉

*signature taken from this curious print which is titled ‘Midsummers Day’:

soma_rich
    Free Member
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^seems a very different style/earlier period. I get the feeling the piece in question is 80/s/90s though could be wrong.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Paul Émile Berthon ?

tthew

There used to be a function in Google to do a reverse image search, i.e. you choose an image and use that to find similar on the internet. Think it was an android thing rather than Chrome on a PC, but I just looked and it’s not immediately obvious any more.

If you can work it out, put the image of the print in there, might work.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

@tthew

Right click any image in Chrome and select ‘search google for image’.

As for the pic, all I can think it was an early draft for a Ready-Brek advert.

Suggsey
    Free Member

There’s an Aussie modern day artist that pops up who’s art whilst not similar in colour has a similarity in that all his art has the halo effect around his subjects etc……..

perchypanther
    Free Member

There’s an Aussie modern day artist that pops up who’s art whilst not similar in colour has a similarity in that all his art has the halo effect around his subjects etc……..

Rolf Harris?

fasthaggis

Bad cat 😉

tthew

Right click any image in Chrome and select ‘search google for image’.

Oh yeah! That simple, (but we use Internet Explorer at work).

Results – best guess Tree. (no shit Sherlock!)
    and no matching images. Sorry.

AlexSimon

You just drag your image into google images.
    You can do it across tabs.

Completely useless with this though as it just comes back with millions of tree photos.

CountZero

Paging the Antiques Roadshow! 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thnks folks still looking. I used a search by image page last night and yep, lots of trees. Some really big ones too! But the mystery remains :/

prawny

Paul Barton? Style is different but time looks plausible

Nico
    Free Member
    Moses

I reckon it’s the children’s illustrator Prue Berthon

Also, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121229199522

“Beautiful large print (image is 43 x 32.5 cms, paper is 55 x 44cms). Title is “Early Morning, Midsummers Day”. From an original painting by Devon artist Prue Berthon, dated 1987. Print will be delivered in a cardboard tube to protect it. All ready to frame and enjoy. Includes the artist’s trademark black cat in the corner. Very relaxing and calming!”

drlex
    Free Member

I reckon that’s a gold star to Moses.

If she’s not on social media, might try via the publisher – details :http://www.jacketflap.com/barefoot-books-publisher-162

CountZero

Well done Moses, I’ve been looking at that signature over and over to try to make it out, and that makes sense.
    I’ve never seen her work before, but then, I don’t look at children’s books.
    Well, apart from some old classics.

JonW
    Free Member

I am constantly surprised by the collective knowledge on this site. No idea why since it’s been demonstrated time and again; I should take it as read.

welshfarmer

I saw Prue straight away (it looks very feminine in nature too), but thought I better read the thread and see if anyone else had 🙂

ctk
    Free Member

I saw Pimp Britain which could be a Gove campaign slogan

(And well done Moses)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Woah Moses thnks a million! I would never have gotten that. My friend will be right pleased 🙂

Sterling work here. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Can you decipher this handwriting?’ is closed to new replies.