Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you convert Maxle 20mm forks to maxle 15mm
  • woody74

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert Rockshox Reba forks with a 20mm Maxle to fit a 15mm Maxle as this is what my wheels are setup for and they cant be changed to fit a 20mm maxle. Would have thought some simple fork inserts would do it?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no – would need new lowers

core

I’d take it to a local engineering firm and see if they can machine an adapter, if you take a 15mm maxle and the forks I’d have thought they could do something.

STATO
    Free Member

The forks are threaded at one end and larger than 20mm on the other, with no pinch bolts. Add to this the fact that a standard 15mm axle is shorter im not sure how simple it would be to design and make a set of inserts. Almost certainly cheaper to flog fork and buy another or buy a new set of lowers.

patriotpro
    Free Member

15mm Maxles are way more annoying than different wheel-sizes imo 😡

br
    Free Member

Almost certainly cheaper to flog fork and buy another or buy a new set of lowers.

Eh, surely the cheapest option would be to get a new wheel, or tbh buy Hope and then you only need a couple of inserts.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheapest – 2nd hand lowers from a trashed fork – downside may be shagged
    Next Identical hub but in 20mm flavour therefore reuse all spokes etc.
    Then New Proper lowers fitted with a service and try and flog yours on (see option “Cheapest” on used lowers)
    Or Buy a nice nw wheel/rebuild properly onto a new hub, about the same as getting a new wheel

woody74

Thanks everyone, thought as much!!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Contact Monkeyboy205 in THIS THREAD, he might be able to sell you what you need or point you in the right direction.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you convert Maxle 20mm forks to maxle 15mm’ is closed to new replies.