Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can you convert DT Swiss 240's from QR to 15/20 mm ?
  • justa
    Free Member

Got a lovely set of wheels – Stans Olympics on Dt Swiss 240's

Can the front QR hub be converted to 15/20 mm ?

If not how much are they worth…

justa
    Free Member

anyone ?

kinger

I've just converted a 240s (centrelock) from 15mm to qr and to a DT RWS skewer too but not sure if you can go upto a 20mm?
    Stu

kamina
    Free Member

There is at least two different versions of the 240. The "larger" one as seen on the EX1750 wheelset will take 9, 15 or 20mm. The smaller one might take 15 but will not take 20..

DickBarton

I think it depends on age of hub, earlier versions couldn't be (earlier I think at least 3 years old perhaps older), but I believe the newer models can be done…depends on overall diameter of the hub shell…it might not be big enough to take the bigger axle…

shredder
    Free Member

This is correct I had the smaller 240 front, I wanted to convert it to 15mm and it wouldn't. Had to buy the oversize 240 which can then be converted to 15 or 20mm. Had my rear hub converted to take a 9mm thru axle as well.

Hope that helps

justa
    Free Member

ok thanks folks – any idea what my wheels are worth ?

they're in vgc

BadlyWiredDog

Keep the rear, get a front wheel built on a Pro 2 maybe? Front hubs are really mostly just a tube with bearings at either end and spokes sticking out of them.

DickBarton

As they can't be converted to thru-axles, they won't be worth much…I'll give you £50 plus postage for them both…;-)

(although if you are thinking of selling them for £50 I'll take them!)

justa
    Free Member

£50 that much ?
    Any other ideas how much the front wheel or both would be worth ? Stans Olympics,dt spokes, alloy nipples, 240 hubs, all black – oh and six bolt..
    Only asking as you need to put a price on the classifieds
    ta

br
    Free Member

I'm interested in them, £100?

justa
    Free Member

For both ????? This is a £500 wheelset !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can you convert DT Swiss 240's from QR to 15/20 mm ?’ is closed to new replies.