Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Can you convert a XT rear hub to take a Hone axle?
  • Speshpaul

Long story-shortish.
    My nephew has got a UZZI SL the old 4 bar one and he keeps breaking mech hangers. So i’ve got the job of sorting it out.
    I’m thinking Hone /Saint to do away with the hanger, and he needs a rear mech as well.
    Saint is generally more money than he has got, so there is a limited choice of Hone out there.
    But if i go for a Hone hub that leaves two issues, one is a wheel build- well i can do that, (+ maybe new spokes, another tenner)and then theres the brakes. He is running the original silver M4’s. The Hone hub is splined so its either a spline to 6 bolt adaptor or find a bodged rotor to fit.
    However i’ve seen a reference on the net to fitting Hone axles to XT hubs (he has the old 6 bolt silver XT hub) but no details.

Has anyone come across this? Because if its possible it solves a host of problems.
    Cheers
    Paul

Tiboy

I’ve got a mech protector going spare fro my spesh enduro, this stiffens up the hanger and stops it getting bent, and it works with a QR axle. Alternative might be to change to a short cage mech? Unfortunately if you stop the hanger getting bent you will only end up ruining the mech instead, which is a heap more expensive?!

Speshpaul

I’ve got a hanger banger for him. But most of the breakages have been forward, not side ways and then its done the mech as well.
    The Hangers are £25 a pop, so the same price as a cheap mech.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Can you convert a XT rear hub to take a Hone axle?’ is closed to new replies.