Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Can you buy just a Zesty frame?
  • jimmy

Is it an option?

ojom
    Free Member

Nope. Sorry.

jimmy

arse

ojom
    Free Member

Tell me about it.

hughjengin
    Free Member

What size are you after ?

househusband

No. Please, no.

jimmy

small.

(gay disco top, HH. thats all I'm saying)

Dobbo

It's a pain in the ar£e, I'd be up for a carbon rear ended one. Might go for a different bike coz of it. Bad company decision, at least have upgrade options to allow for personal choices. IMO 😡

ojom
    Free Member

You wouldnt want to know the pricing of the frames if they were available.

Not many big brands allow upgrade options either – they do make 5 models btw so there is quite a choice.

hughjengin
    Free Member

I have a small 2009 zesty pretty damn mint. Only a few months old, wasnt actually looking to sell it on as its a great bike but if the price was right I'd consider it 🙂 its not quite XC enough for an ex roadie like me as a one and only MTB ( its a bit more all mountain/trail bike than XC). Give me a shout if you are vaguely interested

jimmy

hughjengin – i could be vaguely interested, although timing's not great. Your email isn't in your profile – drop me a note if you're serious about selling.

cheers

Dobbo

Not many big brands allow upgrade options either – they do make 5 models btw so there is quite a choice

Look at Orange where you can pick and mix from bottom bracket to the paint job, that the sort of choice I'd like where forking out £2K+

Click on Specs and Options

ojom
    Free Member

Lapierre are considerably bigger than Orange. Not a fair comparison.

Dobbo

Not a fair comparison.

TBA I couldn't really give a toss about company size, I want the bike in the spec I want and can afford! Not really a good ad for buying from a big company then is it, the bigger you get the less choice the customer gets. You're convincing me what to buy. 😆

Anyway you can buy Santa Cruz, Cove, Trek, Giant, Commencal, Turner, Orange, Ibis as frame only.

ojom
    Free Member

Think we are at cross purposes. There are just as many that would sell you a frame as wouldn't so we wouldn't get anywhere. 🙂

You could speak to a shop though and change stuff. Sort of thing we would be happy to do if asked. Most people seem happy enough with the factory specs at the moment and the cost. You could work out the value of what you are taking off to work out a new build price.

Although saying that mine is distinctly not factory spec. I had to buy a build and strip it. Same situation now again as i tried out the carbon one today and the brain is starting to tick…

Dobbo

It's a hard thing spending 'that' much money you do tend to end up over picky and spend too much time looking at every combination…over and over again 😕

There's a big price jump between the 514, and the 314 but I know you get a different frame as well as components, I tend to think buy the best frame you can at the start then upgrade parts on it as they wear/you get the money to do it. You just don't seem to get that option.

ojom
    Free Member

Thats an interesting view of it.

It's even harder as the basic 214/314 frame is so good as it is the next level of improvements from the 514 and then 714/914 are smaller increments – make sense? Thats just my opinion btw and i am usually wrong!

The boost valved RP23 I tried today was great – that was a noticeable improvement the the performance over say the Float.

Thing of beauty the 714 – staring at it all afternoon in the lounge drying off.

GlenMore
    Free Member

314 has the best colour scheme

ojom
    Free Member

We agree on that.

Dobbo

😆 You'll have to do a lot more talking to get me to dig deep enough for a 714!!

Maybe I should get an 09 514 and forget about to 2010 upgrades… Thinking about it you're right there is too much choice, if all companies only did 1 spec of each bike life would be a lot easier. 😆

I see you do an 09 714 for £150 more than an 2010 514, is that worth a thought?

Off to bed now, I'll look back tomorrow.

ojom
    Free Member

Oh – thats gone. A while ago.

Sorry – cant discuss selling stuff directly on here. Not really the done thing.

Happy to talk through your options and give you more info over the phone anytime.

RicB

The pita is the fact the 314 doesn't have a bolt through axle fork, which Id want on a >2k 140mm trail bike. The 514 does but the price difference is to great to justify. So I'll end up buying something else instead :-/

I don't think it's a great marketing ploy from Lapierre

ojom
    Free Member

Dont think its a marketing ploy… more of a price thing.

Dobbo

Sorry – cant discuss selling stuff directly on here. Not really the done thing.

No probs I fully understand.

The pita is the fact the 314 doesn't have a bolt through axle fork, which Id want on a >2k 140mm trail bike. The 514 does but the price difference is to great to justify. So I'll end up buying something else instead

Agree about wanting the bolt through axle, thats the sort of thing you'd want as an upgrade option on the 314. And the colour of the 514 is something you'd want to change as well, they've just not quite got them right. Oh well…

higgo
    Free Member

I would be riding a Lapierre now if they sold frames. Instead I'm riding a Santa Cruz. I swapped everything off my old bike onto it (except seatpost?).

As it happens, I'm very happy with the way things turned out. But then, if I'd ended up on the Lapierre I'd no doubt think it was the bees knees.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the Chumba VF2 (or is it the XCL?)is practically the same as a Zesty, and is probably the bike i should have bought…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Can you buy just a Zesty frame?’ is closed to new replies.