Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can you 'burp' a car tyre? Think I've just punctured a winter tyre, aaargh!
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Popped in to pick up a parcel at the PO depot. Front tyre flat when I got back out to the car.

The corner going into the depot is pretty tight and there was a pothole I managed to catch fairly heavily when turning. I’ve changed the tyre for the space saver roller skate tyre to get to work.

Pumped the original tyre back up in the carpark and it’s holding air and hasn’t gone down which is confusing me.

Could I have burped the tyre, or more likely a slow puncture I’ve not noticed. I’m sure I would have noticed as it’d be pretty bad to drive in its state.

Typical, the one day I’m probably going to find the winter tyre useful and I’ve got a itty bitty get-you-home bit of rubber on the car…

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I managed to remove a tire from its bead once although I was driving like a total idiot. Blew it back up, it reseated nicely and was put back on the car the next day. No problems

bigyinn
    Free Member

Probably just knocked the bed of the rim going through the pothole. Mother did similar when she slowly clipped a kerb when parking once. Pump it up and it should be fine. Get your tracking checked as a precaution.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I damaged a winter tyre last year due to pothole which created a bubble on the sidewall. The tyre kept going down slowly and I thought it was the tyre. After changing the tyre it was found there was small cracks in the alloy which was then changed too. Total damage nearly £500 and no claim because the council claimed the pothole had never been reported and must have only just appeared even though it nearly 6 inch deep.

trail_rat
    Free Member

done this on a land rover but it was after id been offroading(at an official site) and id let the tires down sufficiently to gain traction to get out of some soft ground.

then drove home forgetting what id done , went through a compression in the road and popped the passengers wheel.

jacked it up and inflated it again and drove away , tires still inflated to this day.

johndoh
    Free Member

Done this myself and, once pumped up, it was fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can you 'burp' a car tyre? Think I've just punctured a winter tyre, aaargh!’ is closed to new replies.