Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can you braze disc post mounts to a frame?
  • Ladders
    Free Member

Hi!

I’ve got my finger hovering over buying a retro frame, but I was wondering, is it possible to braze disc post mounts to a frame, or can you only get tab mounts to fit them?

Thanks!

T1000
    Free Member

assuming its steel then yes

obviously you’ll need to repaint the dropout section,it might be best to replace the dropout if the frame is brazed Ceeway hay lots of dropouts combined with disc mounts for sale.

Additionally the stays were not designed for the loads so installing a brace tube between the seat stay and chainstay might be worth considering.

there used to be torque arm disc converters available that coulb be Another viable option…. or howabout some hs33’s?

Ladders
    Free Member

Ok, great, thanks!

I’ve got my eye on a frame that would need respraying anyway, so wouldn’t matter about the paint. I just don’t like the look of the tabs and all the hardware you need to mount the caliper.

STATO
    Free Member

Have to say, ive not seen any post-mount braze-on’s for sale at cee-way, plenty of standard IS mounts (tab as you call them). Not that a competent frame builder couldnt knock you up something, probably neater than most stock efforts as well.

Ladders
    Free Member

I presume you could use tube, then tap it out for threads?!

T1000
    Free Member

oops sorry mine came from parragon…. the droppout came from ceeway but the mount came from paragon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can you braze disc post mounts to a frame?’ is closed to new replies.