Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Can you ask how much a MTB frame is worth to sell?
  • qfruits
    Free Member

As above really, as I have a SC Heckler 2011 frame and I’m looking for guidance.

Thank you

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

i think your welcome to ask… 😆

qfruits
    Free Member

Thanks

How much would a Black SC HECKLER 2011 RP23, Size L, with SS Hope BB (red) and Hope Headset (Red) be worth in this current climate?

I was thinking £700 with and £650 without Hope goodies.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A mars bar and three chcoclate digestives, that’s how much it’ll cost to ask. But it’s not worth it I reckon it’s worth about 3 butter toffees and a half sucked wurthers original.

Seriously, £400? They’re £750 on stiff at the moment so a smidge over half that is normal.

fenred
    Free Member

Subtract 45% from original frame value, then minus £1-1.50 per stone chip. Dents and dings come it at around £5-7.50 each and chain suck/any other battle-scars should be factored in at around 20% of whatever you have left…HTH 😉

qfruits
    Free Member

Oh okay, they only have a Small though and as with a particular size and no others in stock, I would think that was an deal to offload.

However on your reckoning, there 1099 new so £550 ?

qfruits
    Free Member

Fenred, thanks for the above, only just seen it.

i will have a think if its worth selling.

patriotpro
    Free Member

How much is an mtb frame worth to sell…

flyingmonkeycorps

It’s worth what somebody will pay… So stick it up at £700, if no one bites knock off £100, and so on. Or stick it on eBay.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Not a good time to sell it. £400-£500 now but it might take a while or £500-£600 early summer 2013 when the frenzy comes round.

qfruits
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I see what you mean re summer.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Stick it on the classifides at the top end of your estimate (£550 seems reasnoble) with loads of pictures, unless it’s an absolute bargain no one “e-mails for pics”.

If no one bites, £525, £500, £475, etc.

Or look on ebay and knock 10% off (what you’ll save in ebay/paypal fees).

dh
    Free Member

Hi

One of my pals is after one, send me the pics and price and I’ll drop him a mail.

sprocker
    Free Member

I sold a 2011 with angleset and 2 month old dsp dueller shock for about £400 a few months ago

dantsw13

Whereas I sold a 2007 with a DHX5 for £375 2 months ago!!!

dantsw13

SC and Yeti hold their value well. Try Pinkbike and you may get £650 if its in good nick.

footflaps

If you stick it on Ebay as an auction, starting at £1, you’ll find its market value and generally it’s more than you’d think. Although you need to accept that the price will rise a lot in the last couple of days, so need to stay calm for the first few days.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Can you ask how much a MTB frame is worth to sell?’ is closed to new replies.