Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Can we just put a pause on this weather please
  • 40mpg

Today – 15 degrees, beautifully sunny, I’m sat in the office (and its my birthday)

Fri/Sat/Sun – I’ll be in the Quantocks biking, so its going to be freezing, wet, with sleet on high ground

Grrr / Brrr 😥

Edit – there’s absolutely no purpose to this point other than to broadcast my disappointmnet as I’d been looking forward to this weekend. And I’m coming down from the sugar rush of eating too many cakes this morning 😀

bearnecessities

Flexi’d off and now ‘bathing in garden with some blackberry based alcoholic drink.

British Civil Servants – best in the world. 🙂

Cheers & Happy Birthday!

40mpg

Thats cheering me up – thanks Bear 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Looking forward to a great ride this evening. And beer.

stevied
    Free Member

I predict lots of dust tomorrow up the hills. Love this time of year when you get a sunny day 8)

Happy birthday 40!

zippykona

Have been driving past beautiful dry tracks today. I’m on holiday , should be in the carribean but arranging a funeral instead.
    Could really do with riding to the top of a hill and looking at a view.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ooh, it’s lovely. Had a cheeky day off yesterday and got 2 x rides in around my local woods.
    First one super muddy, later one, still super muddy but noticeably drier in some areas.
    The trails are effectively drying out, as I type, BY THE SECOND!

It wont be long before I can freewheel some of it again.

P-Jay
    Free Member

16c here and all reports indicate ‘the castle’ is dry. Yeah, if we could jsut pause here…

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Likewise looking forward to this evening’s ride

Happy Birthday 40..

rocketman
    Free Member

Could do with another 10 degrees or so but otherwise OK

this evening’s ride should be good

postierich
    Free Member

been at work on my day off! so ride tonight with a bivi with a few ales watching the sun go down

Northwind

Naturally I’m spending these 2 days of gorgeous weather being sick as a dog.

somafunk

Can we just put a pause on this weather please

Yeah i’d be happy with that as i’m off work for the next fortnight, but unfortunatly the colder weather is coming in this weekend which is a shame as i’m off to Aviemore for a week. Got a nice run round the coast last night and had a cracking blast down Screel hill t’day (nr to Auchencairn)

View across Solway to the Lake District hills from Screel hill

jimdubleyou

I’m working (as usual) in “that London”.

Today I have commuted on my MTB to ride the super-gnarly off road that is Putney Heath, Wimbledon Common & Richmond Park on the way home.

allthepies
    Free Member

Lovely views there somafunk !

Beats what I can see sat in an office in Hampshire 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t wish to complain… but it is quite windy out there.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Well I’m just milking the last of my unemployment before starting a new job on Monday (after 4.5 months of hand to mouth) and it appears the weather gods have decided to give me a fine send off. 5 hours in the peak yesterday, 4 hours at wharncliffe today, didn’t see a soul at either – perfect. Now drinking beer in my back garden. I appreciate none of this helps you, but it’s making me feel better. Happy birthday, and welcome to the club, come in the waters lovely

chakaping
    Free Member

Nope, just warm and sunny with dusty trails up here…

pennine
    Free Member

Yorkshire Dales yesterday

mildbore

Feel for you guys working through good weather, did that for years but now I’m retired I love being able to take advantage of good weather. Got a spontaneous plan to ride Grizedale natural trails tomorrow and camp over. I’ll be thinking of you, it’ll make me appreciate it even more

jam-bo

Fri/Sat/Sun – I’ll be in the Quantocks biking, so its going to be freezing, wet, with sleet on high ground

What forecast are you looking at? Friday looks wet but clear sat/sun? It’ll dry up fast, by Saturday afternoon I’d predict dust in places…

scotroutes

Stunning today.

Snow forecast for Friday

mintimperial

Even Cut Gate is drying out nicely.

I sacked off work completely today, I ain’t shuffling spreadsheets when it’s like this outside. We only get about three of these days per year, tops. That’s not many, life is short, I’m not letting them go to waste.

Bregante

Lovely day. Shame I had to work this afternoon but managed to squeeze in a cheeky one first thing this morning.

bigjim

Pentlands were terrible and dusty dry this evening and there wasn’t even any wind to enjoy riding into

chakaping
    Free Member

Grim out again yesterday…

Klunk
    Free Member

the heat was a bit much for some of the local denizens yesterday

just ‘a’ chilling

pennine
    Free Member

Only reached 19c on the North Yorkshire Moors yesterday

Bregante

Another shocker of a morning here too.

garage-dweller

Nice ^^^

Bit mixed round here today but good enough to be getting on with garden jobs (no riding until next week for me).

Northwind

Cold, sunny, clouds of dust and occasional snow today. Scotland is weird. Don’t think I’ve ever ridden in short sleeves in the snow before, lovely.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Can we just put a pause on this weather please’ is closed to new replies.