Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)
  • Can we all laugh AT Moyles now?
  • DezB
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/sep/22/chris-moyles-rant-radio-1

I wouldn’t have heard this as I have to switch off/over as soon as I hear his voice. But ha ha! £600K+ a year and he gets all upset about missing getting paid.
    And in his typical totally witless way too.
    Anyone survive 30 minutes of the talentless lumps rantings?

stumpy01

Can’t listen to him on Radio1 – winds me right up.

But, it is a bit lame to have not been paid since July, if that is the case.
    Not a great move to rant about it on air though.

MrSparkle

Lets have a whip round.
    I’ll bring the whip.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    marsdenman
    Free Member

oh dear, seems the self titled ‘saviour’ has had his crown slip a bit….
    edit – yep, can underatand why but, ranting on air = not a best plan…
    can honestly say i’ve never listed to more than 15 mins of his breakfast show… thankfully.

carlosg
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member

Lets have a whip round.
    I’ll bring the whip.

And Moyles is already round

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Excellent. Moyles’ll be gone soon then. I’ve not listened to him since about the third show I ever heard of his when he followed Mark and Lard on R1. I’d just turn off because he’s so annoying.

People like Moyles being paid such obscene amounts of money for doing f-all of any real worth, just proves that Elfinism is the only way forward for our World.

Admiralable
    Free Member

and the countdown to him being sacked begins……….

Where’s Rachel Riley?

jp-t853

30 seconds is enough for me but to be fair radio 1 never gets an airing in my car anymore. Fearne Cotton aaaarrrrgghhh

PJM1974
    Free Member

Bring back Mark & Lard.

Please.

grumm
    Free Member

Teehee! 😆

People have said I look like him 👿

Mind you it one time it was a reasonably good looking girl and she said she thought he was ‘sexy’. 😕

Pieface

They obviously don’t care about him, otherwise they’d have pulled him off the air within 5 minutes.

Maybe its their way of giving himself enough rope?

alexpalacefan

Sad Moyles = Happy Alex 🙂

APF

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

After a listener texted in to say “Stop moaning, you get paid a fortune compared with most people”, a clearly annoyed Moyles responded: “You know nothing about my life. And by the way, what, because I get paid more than you that means if I don’t get paid for two months I should just do oh well, harumph?

He’s got a point though, and a good one IMO

And I also think some of the attitudes on this thread are very poor indeed.

Admiralable
    Free Member

They obviously don’t care about him, otherwise they’d have pulled him off the air within 5 minutes.

Maybe its their way of giving himself enough rope?

We can but hope.

Del

i doubt he’s PAYE.
    it’s probably Chris Moyles Ltd. that hasn’t had it’s invoices paid, which is a slightly different matter, isn’t it?

project
    Free Member

Funiest thing for ages, the self opinionated button pusher,get real and get a real job,then you will honestly feel youve earned your wage.

How hard can it be to talk a load of crap, play a few record slag your workmates off,etc, etc.

Bit like here sometimes,but we all ride bikes and are like a big family.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I obvioulsy aren’t old enough at 24 I find listening Mark and Lard about as funny as eating chease and biscuits, but find Moyles quite funny!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I can see why you’d get annoyed at not getting paid, whether you earn £16k or £600k but I really hope that it spells the end. Him and his entourage are just cringe inducing.

Drac

What the guy hasn’t been paid since July.

I can imagine the crying on here it was happen to some of you, enough whining if you don’t get your item you paid £15 off the classifieds for.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

How hard can it be to talk a load of crap, play a few record slag your workmates off,etc, etc.

Quite difficult to do it well enough for the majority on here, evidently

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

To be fair, it’s good to see someone getting paid what they’re worth.
    Well done the beeb

Shandy
    Free Member

The only reason he is still there is that he hasn’t got the talent to move onto anything else. I listen occasionally when I flick round the channels and its unbelievable how little music he plays.

kimbers

ive been lauguhing AT him for years

DezB
    Free Member

Like most people, they probably can’t stand the sound of his voice, so didn’t notice.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Wow a 30 min rant on not getting paid. Shows you how little goes on in his show, that he could even fit that in.

Some of you have sympathy for this overpaid, delusional flumpoid? LOL lol and thrice lol

DezB
    Free Member

PP – you missed off a bit “If you have a problem with that I’ll pay your licence fee and you can switch off and listen to someone else. Go and read the Daily Mail, you miserable fart.”

Which is typical of his witlessness.

ourmaninthenorth

I obvioulsy aren’t old enough

I think you’ll fit right into Moyles-land..!

NorthernStar
    Free Member

I can understand he’s frustrated as being freelance myself it can sometimes take my clients a couple of months to cough up.

Big, big mistake to rant on-air though, particularly in the current economic climate. He hasn’t done himself any favours by doing this.

If I went round bad mouthing my clients then it wouldn’t be very long I suspect before the phone stopped ringing.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

he hasn’t got the talent to move onto anything else

Yep, that TV show he did went down a storm didn’t it!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No no Peter; it’s ok because it’s Chris Moyles. Of course if it happened to a decent person, then yes it’s out of order, but it happened to Chris Moyles, which makes it ok. And funny. 😆

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ll take him up on the licence fee offer, though.

Whiney fat get. I heard his show once in a hotel, and he spent 15 minutes describing what he did the night before, which was washing up and little else.

Tedious, talentless and maybe the bubble is about to burst?

lowey

Ok I’ll buck the trend, I think his current breakfast show is very funny. The only show I listen to on Radio 1.

nickc

it’s probably Chris Moyles Ltd.

He probably has employees, if the BEEB hasn’t paid him…

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Perhaps they should turn the FU in to a big fat FO.

ShaunW1973
    Free Member

If this was a guy that worked in Tesco and complained to every customer he served he hadn’t got paid, he’d get the sack.

Moyles job is to entertain licence fee paying public (not that I find him entertaining), not use the radio time WE pay for to complain, he should take that up with the people that run the station.

deepreddave
    Free Member

pmsl – they probably thought he could live off his own body fat or something’! 🙂

Just another of his me me me boring diatribes.

njee20
    Free Member

This. I happen to like him, but don’t really think that’s relevant to this. Be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

Drac

he should take that up with the people that run the station.

He did and still didn’t get paid and lost his temper because of it. You never lost your temper at work then?

lunge

He has the longest running breakfast show on radio1 and he has increased the numbers of listeners by millions. You may not like him but he is good at what he does.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I obvioulsy aren’t old enough

I think you’ll fit right into Moyles-land..!
    [/quote]

‘dof my cap to your superior gramatical skill, innit?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Can we all laugh AT Moyles now?’ is closed to new replies.