Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can somone recommend me a decent WATERPROOF Compact camera for £150'ish max
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hi guys, just after some info really. I am looking to replace my Olympus mju 720SW waterproof camera with another (Mine got a tad too deep on holiday, it had water coming out of the battery door! Ooops)

I did like the olympus, but wouldnt mind a change. I would like one that has the 'motor' / continious shooting (for sequences) as i find this great for riding etc.

Good video quality would be good too.

So any recommendations? Depth not too important as its just for surfing now (freediving/snorkling trashes waterproof cameras!)

Ideas please!

Thanks

DT78
    Free Member

Happy with my mju 1050su (thin thats the model no. – slidy cover one) you could probably get the newer olympus for your budget. I bought from photobox I believe for around £130 at easter. My version definitely has a multi shot/sequence mode.

Before that I had a pentax w60 which cost a similar price back then (bought from pixmania) Great little camera, still going strong only replaced it as I wanted something new!

The new waterproof canons are a little too big to me.

Both the above cameras were/are fine for snorkling for me.

Tracey

We got a blue Fuji one for the girls to take pics whilst snorkeling on holiday. Photos look good but missing the viewfinder

Tracey

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Yeah +1 for Tracey's suggestion.

Bloke I ride with works for Fujifilm & managed to get a couple of these for us to take on our hols last yr. Just lobbed them in the pool so we could have a try of them.

Seem to work pretty well. Not sure about how quick the sequence shooting is, but I imagine it would be not too shabby with a decent mem card.
    You can buy rubber 'skins' for them too, to protect them from knocks

scottishbadger
    Free Member

I've got an Olympus one – it's totally ace. Used it snorkelling on holiday and worked really well. Is shock-proof as well, so fine for sticking in a pocket when on the bike.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys, I was thinking about the Fuji, just not sure. It doesnt seem as substantial/tough as my Olympus.

I think i may look at the cost of newer olympus ones.

Cheers!

Any other ideas/where to buy/good deals?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can somone recommend me a decent WATERPROOF Compact camera for £150'ish max’ is closed to new replies.