Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can someone with a Nukeproof Mega put me out of my misery?
  • tyredbiker
    Free Member

Recently ordered and have had a nukeproof mega comp delivered. When giving it a check over I had to remove instructions for the dt swiss rws rear thru axle. The instructions say to tighten the axle you need to use the lever whilst holding the ‘adjusting nut’ on the opposite side of the hub. Problem is there is no adjusting nut. The axle screws directly into the frame so I don’t know whether a nut should come with it or not. If the latter, it looks like a lot of muck is going to end up collecting in the hollow axle.
    Can anyone who has a mega shed some light? I’ve been trying to find pictures that show the area close up but can’t find anything conclusive and CRC haven’t been very helpful.

scaled
    Free Member

Would you like me to take a photo of mine?

This never bothered me as I didn’t read the instructions!

Oh there is no nut by the way.

fivespot
    Free Member

what scaled said, I did the same 😉

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Yes please scaled, like newborn worries I guess, want to check the new bike is perfect. Assume the directions may be just general for dt Swiss?

scaled
    Free Member

You bastard! I’m confused now, it looks like there’s a captive but in there or something?

Having a nightmare uploading pics on a tablet.

scaled
    Free Member

I can email the photo to you if you want.

zangolin
    Free Member

It’s the gear hanger/dropout which is threaded – no separate nut or captive nut. Machined as one piece.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

The Plastic DT Swiss axle is made of swiss cheese, replace it with a rockshock maxle, the pastil lever part snaps off easily in a crash leaving the alloy splined head, not good if you get a puncture.. 😥

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-a-rear-axle-for-a-nukeproof-mega

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Thank you for going to the trouble scales it’s kathrynannescott@hotmail dot com

Cheers zangolin, I guess it makes sense but seeing as the maxle is hollow, I thought exposing its inner to the elements seemed a bit odd, especially as the instructions state there’s a nut. (link to a pdf version here: http://www.dtswiss.com/Resources/Support/COMPONENTS/DT-Swiss-Components-RWS-User-Manual.pdf ) Thanks though as I was considering sending a miffed email to CRC and it looks like I would have ended up with egg on my face.

Edit- GaVgAs- yikes!!

zangolin
    Free Member

You will be fine – personally not had any trouble with my DT axle – not come loose or broken yet in 18 months of riding the Mega. Instructions do seem odd – maybe the way it has been translated?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

You read instruction manual? 😯

binners

Exactly wolfenstein! I think this is a lesson to all of us about what happens when you read instructions. No good can ever come of it!

wwaswas

You read instruction manual?

I think the fact that it’s woman’s name on the email address might indicate why manuals are being read?

tyredbiker
    Free Member

It wasn’t been read because it HAD to be, just a quick perusal. Anyway it looks like the instruction manual was wrong and I have lost all faith in manuals. Never will I read one again, or ask for directions…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can someone with a Nukeproof Mega put me out of my misery?’ is closed to new replies.