Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can someone recommend a good road club in Bristol?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Over the last few years I have been doing a fair amount of road cycling but recently have had a spate of being let down at the last min by riding partners. Don’t mind riding on my own now and again but having seen the weekend morning club runs, I have come round to the idea that this could solve the problem.

Can anyone recommend a friendly club in Bristol (I live Westbury-on-Trym so closed to that part the better? Not interested in racing, just like to get out for long run at the weekend and some evenings with the odd cake thrown in or possible a pint at the end.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Bristol South CC. Some good guys in that club.

TooTall
    Free Member

VC Bristol. Nice people, nice club kit. Go to Webbs bike shop in Bitton and speak to Si there. He’ll see you right.

Philby

Bristol Road Club meet at 9 on Saturday mornings outside BW Cycles in the Cumberland Basin.

BAD-Tri meet outside the Pump House on the other side of the basin at 9 on Saturdays – not all are triathletes and several just attend the cycling sessions.

Also Severn RC and North Bristol RC based in / near the city.

Special_ized_Jamie

Thanks all, think I will give a few a try over the next month or so and see how I get om

wallop

North Bristol CC are a friendly bunch and would probably fit your needs – they meet at 9.30 on Sundays in Bradley Stoke (outside Costa). Usually 40-60 miles.

andcarson
    Free Member

I would agree north Bristol cc are very friendly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can someone recommend a good road club in Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.