Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can someone recommend a book about The Beatles
  • centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m after a decent biography of the fab 4, mainly one that has a focus on the music/creative side of things.

Any advice much appreciated.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’d have to say The Best of the Beatles.

hunterst
    Free Member

I really enjoyed Revolution in the head by Ian Macdonald

There is an essay about 60’s culture and the important changes that happened around that time.

The rest of the book deals with each song written by the Beatles and notes who wrote, played and put together the tune.

Spent a great day with a bit to drink, a bit to smoke and the headphones on. Listened to every song as i read about it then listened to it again.

I’ve been listening to the Beatles for years but this really put them in a different light. Also lots of little bits i had never noticed before.

Loved it

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

sadexpunk

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Cheers hunterst, that looks interesting and sounds good by the reviews I’ve just seen.

Pook

A Hard Day’s Write is good. Tells the back story and origins of every song on every album. Great coffee table book

scoob67
    Free Member

Not strictly about the Beatles.
    John Lennon – In My Life, by Pete Shotton, a childhood pal and the guy he bought a supermarket for.
    Like i said, not strictly Beatles but plenty of Beatles stuff and a good read.

Mr_C
    Free Member

The Beatles – All These Years: Volume One: Tune In By Mark Lesisohn. I’ve not been much interested in reading any books about the Beatles, but I heard the author talking about it on the Radcliffe and Maconie show on 6music and it sounded interesting so gave it a go. Glad I did – it is incredibly detailed and amazingly well researched, but doesn’t read like the academic tome it could have been, it is amazingly readable, almost like a novel.

Even though you might have some knowledge of the Beatles story you still want to carry on reading to see what happens next. This is the first in what will be several volumes and takes you up to the point where they first get in the charts.

veedubba

I have a signed copy of this

neilthewheel

+1 for Revolution in the Head. Marvellous book.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can someone recommend a book about The Beatles’ is closed to new replies.