Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • can someone give me a quick bit of website advice please?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

long and short… i have a few websites, for a small business and a holiday home mainly, that i have run for a few years now. i host them and built them using a wysiwyg software package (serif webplus).

on the site i sell stuff from the shopping cart is tacked on the side (opencart) and the blog (wordpress) also.

i now want to overhaul my sites and for the ecommerce one specially make it look smoother and more professional but i can’t seem to get a straight answer for the best way to go about it and as i will have to build them myself i don’t have the time to waste going up dead ends.

so basically from what i can see my options are wordpress and a site based around an existing template, my worry with this is that i’ve dabbled in editing wordpress and it seems like a nightmare with all teh coding plus i don’t want to end up with a site that ‘looks’ like a vista print special.

or i go with something like muse or dreamweaver and build from scratch.

with either one i’m going to have to buy a book or two from amazon and learn to use them.

the sites themselves have not a great product range, are niche categories so that helps with seo, payment via paypal, and the content largely static although if i could integrate a blog and social media posts (facebook/instagram) it would be a bonus.

can anyone offer any solutions?

Drac

WordPress any good hosting site will have it installed.

lemonysam
    Free Member

If option one seems like a nightmare then option two will be so much worse. Go with WordPress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘can someone give me a quick bit of website advice please?’ is closed to new replies.