Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can someone explain this handlebar to me?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

12 degree back 0 up?

It looks like a riser to me, is it not?

Cheers.

scotroutes

My guess it’s the wrong photo for the product

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its a flat bar with 12 degrees sweep back as opposed to a bar that lifts up and sweeps.

With some aort of bollocks about eccentricityattached.

I think.

Rickos
    Free Member

In the guff it says –

It’s aimed at riders who need extra steering leverage to tackle extreme terrain. At 225g, EXTENDO TEAM is light for such a broad, strong handlebar.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks all, but if you go on the company website I cant find a flatbar with a 12 degree sweep?
    I don’t want to order it to see if I have to send it back, that just wastes everyone’s time & money.

Cheers.

aracer
    Free Member

That will be because it’s NOS, so no longer listed on the 3T website.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

aracer, so you think it is the wrong photo attached to an old product?

Cheers.

otsdr
    Free Member

It is a 2014 model, see the archive.org link. Also, the 40% rebate kind of gives it away.

singlespeedstu

With some aort of bollocks about eccentricityattached.

Looks like a flat bar but the clamping area is offset so the ends rise or fall as you rotate it in the stem.

joshvegas
    Free Member

But they would do that if it was concentric?

aracer
    Free Member

No, it looks like the right photo for the described product. As above, it is a flat bar – it’s clear looking at the current 3T website what their riser bars look like, and it doesn’t look like one.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes, but slightly less. TBH on that bar the eccentricity only makes a tiny difference, so it is marketing BS, but on a bar with less sweep the difference would be more significant.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

otsdr, thanks for the link, you posted seconds before I hit reply, but to you & everyone else, it still looks like a riser bar to me, any riser bar rotated back enough would surely become 0 rise?

otsdr
    Free Member

The grips would end up pointing down.

aracer
    Free Member

Not exactly. Firstly because riser bars still have backsweep. Which means that when you rotate them back so that the ends of the bars are level with the stem, that backsweep turns into downsweep. Also if you rotated a riser bar back you have a backwards offset, which would require you to have a longer stem.

That really is a flat bar, and there really is a difference from a riser bar.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ok , but my definition of a 12 degree flat bar looks like this, a totally different shape?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can someone explain this handlebar to me?’ is closed to new replies.