• This topic has 15 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can some one locate this on the OS map for me?
  • puddle-rider
    Free Member

Hayfield Camp Site Descent, Seen it on You Tube, quite a long singletrack descent with a high stone wall on the right.

I’m pretty sure it’s not the one down Elie Bank from Scones House to Hayfield

Thanks Guys

scottidog
    Free Member

Think this is it here:
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=405165&y=386522&z=120&sv=405165,386522&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=706&ax=405165&ay=386522&lm=0

Its a really good fun descent. Start on top of mount famine it’s open loose and very fast (stay off the brakes as long as you dare!)Then you need to fork left, do the very short climb, though a gate and then the swoopy singletrack starts alongside the wall. Very nice indeed. There’s a great sharp right hander which is blind so watch out for walkers.

Enjoy!

portlyone

link to the youtube vid to make sure?

nbt

indeed, the campsite descent is Elle bank past Scones House. Show me the vid and I’ll tell you if it;s that track, or if not, if I can tell where it actually is.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Tis a good one, if sometimes a bit busy

portlyone

I was there on Saturday, only saw a couple of others out (Jacob’s Ladder). Maybe they’d been sucked in by Hayfield’s May Fair? 🙂

puddle-rider
    Free Member

This is the you tube link, I don’t recognise this as the Mount Famine, Scones House,Elle Bank route.

Any ideas?

iain1775
    Free Member

Scottidog is right I think but I think the vid is edited out of sequence and parts may also be the other bridleway decent from highgate that joins the same track past the campsite?

bland

yeah there is something in there that shouldnt be

That slow down sign is new is it not?

nbt

It’s all around Stones House and Elle Bank, it doesn’t get as high as Mount Famine, in fact it doesn’t even reach Coldwell Clough. This is the highest point shown, I think

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=405200&Y=386492&A=Y&Z=115

The first couple of scenes are the rider climbing the trail between Elle Bank and the campsite, then up to Stones House, then he turns round at the point above for the descent.

There are several scenes where he’s obviously ridden it over and over and you get multiple versions and viewing angles of him riding the same piece of trail

nicely shot video too, I shall check out the others tomorrow.

nbt

the first slow down sign was added a few years back after too many injuries (hospital style injuries) caused by people not making the bend and hitting the wall flat out. I think they’ve changed it again recently looking at that, I don’t recognise it.

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Thanks guys especially nbt as you say the editing does make it difficult to recognise it but now you point it out I can see.

portlyone

One of my favourite descents

iain1775
    Free Member

That sign was there at least 5 weeks ago when I last did the descent
    Nbt I thought one bit wa in this part ?
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=405030&y=386292&z=115&sv=405030,386292&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=706&ax=405030&ay=386292&lm=0

nbt

I’ve not done that descent for a few months. Think it was february or so – maybe early april?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can some one locate this on the OS map for me?’ is closed to new replies.