Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can one make a custom Bombay Mix?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone know whether you can get the base constituents of Bombay mix as bags on their own?

I love bombay mix, but would love it more if I could customise it to just the skinny bits and chillied lentils. Maybe with some chickpeas. i.e. hold the peanuts and garlic sticks.

anyone done it? know an online seller? or the name of what im looking for?

Slogo
    Free Member

I find picking out the bits i want to eat, is a good way of doing it!

organic355
    Free Member

curry house hoover bag?

nostoc
    Free Member

sev? = deep-fried chickpea noodles
    I think thin and thick bits are both sev.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are a few shops in Bristol, that sell large bags of the skinny bits and the other bits…I think, it's kind of star shaped as a cross section and quite a bit chunkier than the really skinny ones. I bought a **** off big bag of it with a similar plan to yours. I ended up scoffing the lot because those bits are my favourites. I think they're maize based but guessing.

Funny that, I've just discovered the sainsburys mix…not bad at all. Much prefer the nuts out of it though… I suspect you might need to pay some ethnic supermarkets a visit. They do all different variations of these mixes too.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Words cautioning against such a rash scheme here and here. Otherwise some variation on this – looks relatively easy to follow and is probably quite close to what you want

DezB
    Free Member

The Indian name for it is Chivda or Chiwda.
    Bloke at work's mum makes it and it is absolutely delicious – much much better than the supermarket stuff. Sometimes we get it without all the ingredients.
    Anyway, if I remember I'll ask him for the recipe – you can email me if you want to remind me.

Ambrose

Deepaks, the Indian cash and Carry on Garrat Lane, Tooting SW17 seem to have endless varieties of the mixes, and their constituent parts. I would not be at all surprised if other similar establishments carried a similar stock.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Something without raisins in.

Our local curry house mix has them in. Just as you are enjoying them there is a sweet raisins time bomb

DezB
    Free Member

Spoke to Vee – his mum's in India until next month. Keep an eye out for this thread though as it may be resurrected 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers for all that guys.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can one make a custom Bombay Mix?’ is closed to new replies.