Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Can of worms- In ear headphone recommendations please!
  • walla24
    Free Member

Hello looking to spend ~£40 on a decent set of in ear headphones (they will be abused so can't afford any more in one go!)

Have a short list of:
    SoundMAGIC PL30 here
    Skullcandy Titan here
    Maximo iM590 here
    Sennheiser CX400 II here
    Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 here

Now feel free to tell me i'm barking up the wrong tree but any recommendations out there?
    Have previously stuck to sony's but they seem to be no longer so highly recommmended.

Anyways…..

geoffj

Sennheiser CX300s from Play.com – there's a lot of fakes out there, even from Amazon

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

senny's are awesome, close to my grados

walla24
    Free Member

How would i be able to spot fakes?

Cool ok, 2 for sennheiser so far….

epo-aholic
    Free Member

cx300II's every time 😉

walla24
    Free Member

Whats the difference between the CX300 and CX300II?
    the specs seem identical?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Thumbs up here for Sennys too!

Creg

Another vote for the Sennheisers.

Got mine coming on two years ago and theyve performed brilliantly. I like my headphones to produce a lot of bass and these manage quite well for the price.

I wear them all the time, with the volume up really loud. They take some punishment and have only recently began to show signs of wear (the right bud has developed a crackle).

walla24
    Free Member

Ok sennheiser it is:

Looking on ebay–>
    CX500 =£13
    CX400II titanium!? = £20
    CX400II =£14
    CX300II= £13

soooo, which should i go for-
    the highest model number (hence quality?)
    or go for the II models?
    or go specifically with the 300II?

cheers 😀

CountZero

Ultimate Ears or Denon. Audio quality on both is stunning.

martinxyz
    Free Member

walla24
    Free Member

or are they all likely to be fake at that price?
    all sellers have 99%+ feedback and packaging looks legit….

Xipe Totec, thanks for the reply still more votes for senn tho…

Creg

I got mine from HMV, £15 they cost down from £24.99

Might be worth taking a look.

Cant remember if they are the CX500 or the CX300II

5lab

is there a reason why a nice set of budget shures isn't on your list? I've been using them for ages, and they're very good.

should be able to get them for around 40 notes

walla24
    Free Member

good god, just read a few guides on how to spot fakes….atleast half of those listed are clearly fake!
    play.com have my order 😀

thanks all, another problem solved by the stw masses 😀

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I got a pair of Denon AH-C551's from Advanced MP3 Players for a ridiculously low price, but they're expensive again now 🙁 They're very, very good…

walla24
    Free Member

arrr….i'v just ordered 🙁
    and have just noticed 5lab's post

😀 hopefully the cx300's will proove to be good 😀

hitman
    Free Member

I've got these and they're very good – good price at play as well:
    http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3438219/Shure-SE310-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/Product.html?&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:3438219|cat:Portable

hitman
    Free Member

I use these – very happy with them:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3438219/Shure-SE310-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/Product.html?&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:3438219|cat:Portable

sorry for double post!

retro83
    Free Member

got some Shures (se110 i think) and don't get on with them. Mid/top end is good but the bass seems hollow.

THe CX300s seem the opposite to this, slightly muddy at the top but nice bouncy bass. I prefer them

epo-aholic
    Free Member

dont buy sennheiser from ebay especially if they are too cheap,stick with amazon,play, etc.

walla24
    Free Member

yeah did in the end, ordered from play.com for £15 very reasonable.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I've got ultimate ears superfi.5 and my girlfriends got the sennheiser cx300.
    The ultimate ears cost £100+ but stunning sound. The sennheisers don't come close.

Sam

Sennheisers are pretty hard to go past at that price point, though saying they're close to Grados (even SR60's) is a bit of a stretch Dave 🙂 I've got some Denons (I think they're the next model up – 751?) and they are really very nice as well.

tootin

Dr Dre does some

atlaz
    Free Member

Sennheiser every time. I got some skull candy in the US over summer as I'd lost a bit of rubber from the CXs but I preferred the sound so botched a repair on my Senns.

For cans, can't go wrong with Grado

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

soundmagic pl30's will be my next choice. every review i've read has been great.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Sennheisers are very good for a while then they sort of degrade. On my third set in twelve months, first set from Amazon and the last two direct from Sennheiser in High Wycombe, so definitely not fakes.

Bought these as a standby whilst waiting for the last Sennheisers to return and they are great value (mine are the Black ones though)

epo-aholic
    Free Member

On my third set in twelve months, first set from Amazon and the last two direct from Sennheiser in High Wycombe, so definitely not fakes.

Sennheiser offer a 2 year warranty – didn't you explore this avenue before replacing?

roach

I've got the Klipsch Image S4 and they're awesome – £52 from Amazon.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Sennheiser offer a 2 year warranty – didn't you explore this avenue before replacing?

Sorry, wasn't too clear, they are warranty replacements or at least the last two are

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Can of worms- In ear headphone recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.