Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can I walk into a bookies and bet on anything?
  • tthew

Last time I went in, was probably 20 years ago for a small flutter on the grand national.

Now I want to put some small sums on –
    1. Donald Trump is not president by the end of 2018.
    2. Donald Trump has kicked the bucket by the end of 2018.

In the case of number 2, I reckon 1 will also pay out.
    No. 2 can be of either natural causes or assassination.

Do I go into my local Ladbrooks with some used fivers for this, or would online be a ‘better bet’ for this, (see what I did there? 🙂 )

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes you can pretty much get odds on anything these days. They won’t be just given by a normal cashier though. You may get some spooks outside youre house though if you bet big on number 2….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Double post

tthew

You may get some spooks outside youre house though if you bet big on number 2

I wasn’t suggesting I would be doing any kind of insider trading! 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Betfair appear to do 1 for you. Not sure anyone legit will take your odds on a public figure’s death. Not in the best taste.

Link…
    https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics/market/1.129097136

the-muffin-man

Surely bet 1 covers the second scenario anyway!

convert

insider trading!

I wondered about the rules on that.

If you just happened to know that a very clean cut politician had a serious drink problem and his private life would make tabloid headlines if it became public knowledge so you bet on him loosing his seat at the next election and then sat back and watched him implode (i.e. didn’t grass him to the papers) would that be counted as unfair betting in some way?

Just as an example like.

Figurativly speaking.

Honest.

Drac

so you bet on him loosing his seat at the next election and then sat back and watched him implode (i.e. didn’t grass him to the papers) would that be counted as unfair betting in some way?

Could be on wobbly ground.

nedrapier

…and then sat back…

probably not unfair.

…took photos, sent them to the Sun and then sat back…

naughty.

tthew

Surely bet 1 covers the second scenario anyway!

Other way round, definitely but he could also leave by being impeached or, as this is The Donald we are talking about, just twittering his resignation randomly one morning.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can I walk into a bookies and bet on anything?’ is closed to new replies.