Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can I use Hope Saw tooth rotors with Shimano XT brakes ??
  • dickie
    Free Member

As title

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As long as the disc is the right diameter then yes, no reason why not.

tinsy
    Free Member

yep… the bobbins holding the stainless rotor to the alloy spider, sometimes rub a bit on adaptors, nothing a dremel or file cant fix…

Just get the right diameter and your sorted.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ah if they are floating rotors you may have a compatibility problem, I did with Magura brakes.

tails
    Free Member

work fine with my saint brakes.

dickie
    Free Member

Yes sorry, I ment floating rotors

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Dickie,
    Got a pair of 160mm saw floaters on XT calipers, work fine but……because of the rivets, had to file some of the caliper mounts away where they anchor to the IS mount. I used an angle grinder and wore away about 1mm to allow for adjustment and the rivet on the floater.

Its easy and works fine.

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks – looking to buy a Turner DW Flux so I'll running post mount front & back.

nickc

It varies with the callipers TBH, I've had some LX that were a nightmare, but the 525 Deores were no issues at all. Only takes a bit of work with a file anyhoo.

khani
    Free Member

i run floating rotors on a set of oro's, on mini and m4 rotors the rivets foul the caliper but moto v2 ones are fine as they have a deeper braking surface

mboy
    Free Member

Remember that Shimano size their adapters for 160/180/203mm rotors, and Hope for 160/183/203mm rotors. So if you're planning on using a 183mm Hope floating rotor at all, you'll need a Hope (not Shimano) Mount for the respective brake caliper, otherwise the rotor will not fit as it will be too big in diameter.

nickc

You can get 160/180mm sized hope floating rotors. Wiggle sell them from stock.

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks again – I'm intending to run 160/160 post mount – won't need adaptors front or rear.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can I use Hope Saw tooth rotors with Shimano XT brakes ??’ is closed to new replies.