Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can I use any stem on a carbon steerer? and a question about steerer bungs..
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m thinking yes? Specifically a Deda Zero 1 road stem on a deda carbon fork? but…Read tales of trek steerers breaking and they claimed the stems weren’t carbon compatible.

Any thoughts?

also…is it normal that once the bung is tightened into the fork it cant be removed? Not that I want it removed, but I’m keen to ensure I’ve installed it correctly. Basically I dropped it in the steerer, fitted the stem and topcap and tightened up. Worked fine, but now when I remove the stem cap bolt the bung is stuck tight.

Thanks

smell_it
    Free Member

I thought pretty much any stem, i think it would be the exception rather than the rule that current stems couldn’t be used; and no, i can get my steerer bungs out.

smell_it
    Free Member

Sorry to be more of a STW’er; i think you need to stop reading tales of 90’s carbon bikes, and be less of a ham fisted monkey 😉

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have a torque wrench and everything!

😉

But I agree, I am a ham fisted monkey. Nothing ever appears to come with instructions however!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can I use any stem on a carbon steerer? and a question about steerer bungs..’ is closed to new replies.