Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I use a sram cassette with Shimano STI shifters and 105 rear mech ?
  • 4roads
    Free Member

Can I use a sram cassette on Shimano STI shifters and 105 rear mech ?

what would the issue be ?

Are the internal drive profile the same to fit onto a hope free hub ?

4roads
    Free Member

I have a KMC chain – which ive always used with Shimano also – but now want an 11-36 sram rear cassette.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Issue would be your rear mech probably won’t clear a 36T cassette.

monksie
    Free Member

The Sram cassette will work perfectly with Shimano and KMC but as noted above, depending on your cassette size, 105 rear mech may not have enough length.

joemmo
    Free Member

Issue would be your rear mech probably won’t clear a 36T cassette.

yup. Is it 11 or 10 speed? If 10 speed then a 9spd Shimano MTB mech will work with your 10spd road shifters and the cassette.

4roads
    Free Member

it is 11 speed

richardthird

Ultegra long cage RD-6800 defo works with SRAM11-36, so a long cage 5800 *should* work. If not, you’ll need a goat link type thingy.

jonnyboi

richardthird – Member
    Ultegra long cage RD-6800 defo works with SRAM11-36, so a long cage 5800 *should* work. If not, you’ll need a goat link type thingy.

Interesting, it’s only rated for 32 max. What front chainring set up do you run?

richardthird

Compact and also on a 1x 38t. Also almost takes 11-40 Sunrace on the latter with a longer B-screw, but faultless with goat link.

4roads
    Free Member

whats the goat link ?

I have a double cx set up – I will have to check the exact 105 rear mech I have

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I use a sram cassette with Shimano STI shifters and 105 rear mech ?’ is closed to new replies.