Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Can I use 2 ipods for the same itunes?
  • Mog
    Free Member

Probably a daft question, but I know very litle about anything computer related.
    We have itunes on our laptop that I use to take a nano running with me. The wife’s off to the in-laws (ROI) next week so was going to buy a shuffle for her to listen to in the car/ferry.
    If I just buy one and plug it into the laptop can I use it in the same way as the nano – from the same itunes. Do I need to do anything else?

jam-bo

Set up a playlist for each iPod. Set them to sync only selected playlist.

mollyiom
    Free Member

yes you can but if the nano is plugged into another itunes all tracks will be deleted.

Gary_M
    Free Member

yes you can but if the nano is plugged into another itunes all tracks will be deleted.

Partly true, all tunes will be deleted if you click ‘yes’ when it tells you that could happen.

CountZero

Surely it depends entirely on whether iTunes is set up to manually manage music and video or not. If it is, then there’s no problem, you sync the devise, then d’n’d any media onto the ‘pod that you want. My iPhones, my Nano and my old 5G iPod Video all sync with my iTunes manually, the only difference being if I have to do a restore of the phone I have a playlist specifically set up for the phone to restore from when it asks if that’s what I want.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can I use 2 ipods for the same itunes?’ is closed to new replies.