Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Can I trust .. UK Bike Store? – experiences please
  • james
    Free Member

As above, never used them before, just thought I’d ask on here

Its on an item with an estimated dispatch of tomorrow (other versions of the same thing have different days) and the delivery page explains this as meaning the item is in stock with them?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

only bought two things off them – both tools – came quickly and good communication

carlos
    Free Member

Used them a couple of times, all without incident. They were actually the best prices I’d found on the items purchased. I’d use them again if the price was right

LardLover
    Free Member

Never had a problem with them, also they honoured a mistake when they had something advertised for the wrong price on their website……….I paid a tenth of what it should have been………..they put the decimal point in the wrong place.

Will use again without hesitation.

4ndyB
    Free Member

I used them while ago (year or two) don’t remember anything about them, so the service can’t have been bad as you tend to remember crap shops!

Ring em just in case the website isn’t updated frequently

warpcow
    Free Member

Had quite a few smaller items (less than £100 per order) from them. Always been quick and helpful.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Used them several times without issue. Happy to order again if they’ve got what I want.

imnotverygood

Not keen on them: Ordered a large container of degreaser. It had split on the top & lost about 15% of the liquid. E-mailed them: No reply. Couldn’t get a reply on the phone. Couldn’t be bothered sending it back without talking to them: Put it down to experience.

manton69

Again all positive here. Order a BB that was out of stock and they let me know how long it was and when that date was going to be missed they asked if I wanted to cancel or hang on. They had a really good idea of when it was arriving as they were in the same business units as the importer.

As an aside they also have the cheapest range of SealSkinz that I have found and I get my gloves (for my team at work;-))from them as well.

firestarter
    Free Member

Best online shop I’ve used

cinnamon_girl

Yes, I’ve used them a few times and perfectly happy with their service.

mieszko
    Free Member

Bought couple of things from them, one of which was a 44RLO bomber. Quick delivery and best price compared to others. Good contact and they answer the phone when You call them. 🙂 Very happy with the service.

Ewan
    Free Member

Yeah loads of times – very reliable and prompt.

bassspine
    Free Member

I’ve found them to be really good at communication, good prices and good delivery times too

DT78
    Free Member

No probs with them here either.

singletrackmind

YEP, Local to me and DezB . Very helpful and knowledgable chaps . Bought lots for odds and ends from them , same net prices to callers too.
    The only place i have seen another bike the same as mine was in their warehouse as one of the guys has one as a spare .

mc2
    Free Member

I’ve been using them a lot recently as they still dispatch stock items same/next day where others are now failing to do so……..

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Found them to be the cheapest by far for specific items.

Placed order and then found they were ‘out of stock’. At least 1 week lead time.

Alarm bells rang.

Then they delivered as promised.

Phone them up. People answer the phone. Always a good sign.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

very good, friendly, fast despatch if in stock….good company to use! up there with wiggle, merlin, crc easily!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No dramas with the couple of times I’ve used them.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Used to be local to where I worked (Gosport) wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. Only used them for odd’s ‘n sod’s, but very very helpful.

Jamie
    Free Member

Very good and have been excellent when needed to return clothes for sizing issues etc.

slimraybob
    Free Member

I’ve bought quite a lot from them over the past few years, never had any problems at all.
    The prices are always pretty good, often cheaper than CRC and Wiggle.

Wookster

Really really good, never had a hint of an issue.

grimey
    Free Member

I’ve had mixed experiences (as with pretty much every other internet bike shop I’ve used).

My last two orders were for things they had “in stock” on the page but I got an email a day or two after I’d placed the order to say they were actually out of stock and it would be ages before they got more. A bit disappointing.

But in fairness on the bulk of the orders I’ve made with them they’ve been fine, very quick to despatch and good comms. Plus they tend to stock little bits that are difficult to get hold of elsewhere… like chainring bolt spacers sold singly!

Worth checking stocks beforehand though… just in case.

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

All good here too, not the best at emails but on the phone they have been mustard with me on a few occassions and all orders arrived very quickly. They are now on my shopping list favourites 😀

toys19
    Free Member

and me v happy.

Trimix
    Free Member

Used them several times – good service and good help on the phone.

spacehopper

ordered a few things from there and had excellent service..

very helpful on the phone too, even going so far as to point me in the direction of another shop to get the item i was after that they didnt have! 🙂

gazc
    Free Member

got a few bits i couldn’t find anywhere else and came quickly too, no probs

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not always best price but great service and very promt – I almost always buy spares from them as their stock indicator is pretty accurate 🙂

Drac

Bought a couple of thins, no problems what so ever.

thomthumb
    Free Member

excellent shop. i find the delivery a bit slow (compared to crc) but the list of spares is ace. especially hope stuff.

tf
    Free Member

I have been using them for years, never had any problems with any purchases as such, and they are the best place for Hope spares. However, unlike CRC, you cannot tell from their website if something is in stock, they give estimated delivery time, which is not always accurate — been caught out by that big time, so I only buy from them stuff I can wait for or nobody else sells. Also, they are crap at replying to emails, over the years only about quarter of queries I made by email got any response at all.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Bought from them a fortnight ago and the stuff arrived quicker than wiggle/crc so no probs here either.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have had excellent experiences with UK Bike Store, recommended!

m_t_b
    Free Member

Very good can’t remember the guys name but he has sorted me right out on a number of occasions. One time he got the distributors to send a part directly to me as I needed it super quick. I would put the service there on a par with Crank Bros adn thats saying something 😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Can I trust .. UK Bike Store? – experiences please’ is closed to new replies.