Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can I send an airbag steering wheel by post?
  • rogg
    Free Member

What the title says really…I’ve got an airbag-equipped steering wheel to stick on ebay, and it will sell better if I can post it rather than listing as ‘collection only’.

Is it completely safe without power? Didn’t they used to be classed as explosives? Don’t really want it going off in some posty’s face.

Thankyouverymuch.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Every seller on eBay posts them!
    Just Royal Fail up to their usual crap.

wwaswas

air bags are included on here;

3. All non-flammable compressed gases are prohibited e.g. air bags; scuba tanks, carbon dioxide; fire extinguishers; neon and nitrogen.

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Tell-me-about-Prohibited-Goods

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The exciting bit of an airbag is not compressed gas; it’s a gas generator.

Without power it’s reasonably inert and not on that list.

Post away!

footflaps

I thought they used a small explosive charge rather than compressed gas?

wwaswas

and aren’t there capacitors in there that hold charge for a long time after they’re disconnected from a power source?

qwerty
    Free Member

Ha, thats a great conundrum

burt
    Free Member

Worked in a place that was attached to a Ford dealership. They had to keep them in a locked explosives cabinet . Brother had his own garage for a while. He got into a crash damaged car one day and took hold of the steering wheel and the airbag went off in his face, this was a fair while after the accident. He’s very wary of airbags now. 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

I thought they used a small explosive charge rather than compressed gas?

I thought this too. I recall when they first came out Italian law said you needed a firearms licence to have one

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can I send an airbag steering wheel by post?’ is closed to new replies.