Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can I run with the Olympic torch thing ?
  • tobyho
    Free Member

The Olympic torch comes to my town tomorrow (Chelmsford). It will be passing near my house at 0700. Can I go for a little run and time it so I am running up the street at the same time as the torch bearer bloke ?

I have not be paying attention but is this what people are doing ?

Duane…
    Free Member

You won’t be able to run along side nit, not near by at all. There’s plenty of people dressed in grey to push you away.

bradley
    Free Member

Yeah I think there was a clip of some gentleman who was literally just out for a run and had to run into the lane of the torch to get past bystanders and quite literally got bundled too the floor…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMunro
    Free Member

Providing you can run faster than the met plod, you can do what you like.

Gunz
    Free Member

^ +1, from the look of the Met surrounding the torch an ability to keep up more than a jog for 100m will see them off.

joao3v16
    Free Member

You won’t be able to run along side nit, not near by at all. There’s plenty of people dressed in grey to push you away.

This, mostly.

As far as us minions and peasants are concerned “The Torch” is on a par with the Pope and should be similarly revered. The ground upon which it is being carried is Holy. Blind people who kiss the tarmac behind the entourage have had their eyesight restored, and pot-holes have miraculously healed over.

If you’re close enough to actually make out that it IS a torch then the only reasonable explanation is that you’re a mass-murdering terrorist who has encroached onto sacred earth.

You will be dealt with accordingly.

Duane…
    Free Member

Haha, the torch route went past my girlfriends flat, so we were able to get within about 2m of the torch. Wouldn’t have been able to run along side it though.

toby1
    adi66
    Free Member

Lol we where watching out for our buddy who had the torch in cov 2 people after those ill oiks tried to hold it. Oh how we laughed at the bbcs live feed.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

When I saw the torch, the oddest mixture of Roadies, scallies and proper bike-ist’s had joined the end of the parade – if that’s any good to you.

MoreCashThanDash

I ran with an Olympic torch on Wednesday – a colleague was a Torch bearer on Tuesday, brought it in the office next day, we all did a lap of the building with it, just because we could! 😀

rkk01
    Free Member

Don’t know about others, but the torch “security bubble” and restrictions on non sponsor advertising have turned me off to the whole thing…

SamCooke
    Free Member

Us clever chaps are dressing in grey to overcome this barrier

scotchegg
    Free Member

From direct experience of being on osmaston road, Derby last Saturday at 0630hrs a short distance from where the torch set off for the day. I would say you would have a good chance off running along side the MET cops. Just don’t push your luck.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can I run with the Olympic torch thing ?’ is closed to new replies.