Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can i run this lot tubeless
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Evening gang.
    Thinking of going tubeless but can this work ok.
    Syncros dp25 rims
    NN 2.4 evo snakeskin
    If all is ok what are your recommendations for sealant rim strip etc..
    Thanks…..

robhughes
    Free Member

bump

lucien

Just a rim strip I reckon – Stans or something similar. If you are planning a bit more DH / Enduro type stuff (as opposed to XC / ST) then going fully tubeless is likely to be much better with less chance of tyre burping and trye rolling off

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks lucien.
    you reckon the rims will alright for this.can,t seem to find any info.

Northwind

The tyre’ll certainly work, standard Nobby Nics seal up easier than some proper UST tyres. Don’t know about the rims. I didn’t like tubeless conversions much, I’ll only do it on a tubeless wheel now but plenty of people get on well with it so maybe it’s just me being crap.

mboy
    Free Member

Snakeskin Schwalbes seal ok. Don’t know about the rim, and what rimstrips will be compatible (I’m assuming the 25 refers to the width, but is this internal or external?), but Stan’s make a few widths.

Or just use some BMX inner tubes and do it ghetto. It’s a bit more of a faff to setup, but is dead reliable and cheap!

campfreddie
    Free Member

i converted my wheels to tubeless last night.

i am running stans crest rims, so all i needed was some yellow tape, a couple of valves and a couple of scoops of sealant per wheel.

the reason for posting this is that the tyres are nobbly nic evo snakeskins (not tubeless specific) and they were an absolute doddle to get on and off and also sealed perfectly using a track pump (i was worried i might need to use an air compressor to get the initial seal).

guess i was lucky 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks campfreddie.
    just need some info on the rims now and it,s all systems go.
    Which rim strip to use as the rim is in between sizes on the stans site??(25mm) ❓

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can i run this lot tubeless’ is closed to new replies.