Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can I repair my carbon bars…….?
  • redpeg
    Free Member

Ive just got back from a ride where I attempted to insert my handlebars into my chest, I escaped with 10 minutes on the ground and some bruising but my handlebars wern’t so lucky. The end of the bars at the alloy end cap has split (I have carbon bar ends on which I think saved me but added more leverage to the split)

Can I either tidy up the end and not use bar ends or can I wrap some more weave and resin over the top to reattach the end cap. It hasn’t completely sheared but has split.

richcc
    Free Member

Are they any use to you if you cut them down to get ride of the split? Otherwise I’d bin them as a precaution and buy new bars

tinribz
    Free Member

I’m nervous of carbon bars at the best of times, there’s no way I’d ride ‘repaired’ ones.

redpeg
    Free Member

yes its only the alloy end cap that has split, I could cut and file them smooth and not use bar ends. They could then go on my singlespeed for instance. Do I just use a fine tooth saw and smooth the weave when cut?

druidh
    Free Member

And wear a face mask

redpeg
    Free Member

Thanks folks ill give it a try 😀

BearBack
    Free Member

BIN

you never know how far that crack has propogated or what issues you’ve created at the steerer bar interface..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can I repair my carbon bars…….?’ is closed to new replies.