Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • can I plug my band now?
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

my latest band Bad Pool Caller will be playing live for the first time in Bradford on 7th March.
    I’m not expecting a huge flock of STWers there but I thought I’d give the band a plug anyway.

have a listen here: http://www.reverbnation.com/badpoolcaller

songs recorded on a Zoom R16 16 track portastudio in our rehearsal room, taken home & mixed on Cubase

john_drummer
    Free Member

BTW, 2 of the songs might be a little bit NSFW.

W.I.L.M.A on the other hand does not contain any sweary bits

wordnumb
    Free Member

Have you ever considered rehearsing with a click track?
    Not meant as a dig, constructive criticism.

john_drummer
    Free Member

not rehearsing, no. recording (properly) yes, I normally would. These were just thrown together in the rehearsal room to get something “out there”

mogrim

Like the bass, hope the singer’s cute. Drumming and guitar meh, what do you play john_drummer?

🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

3 guesses 😉

did I mention “rough” demos?

wordnumb
    Free Member

did I mention “rough” demos?

You did, but then you’re posting on STW where everyone’s an expert on everything ever.

not rehearsing, no. recording (properly) yes, I normally would.

Rehearsing with a click will improve your time, you won’t then need a click when recording or playing live and the band will sound better for it. I probably wouldn’t mention this were it not for the fact of your user name.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Problem is being able to hear a click track over the bass rig… 😉

ok in a decent recording studio but in a room shared with all the backline, easier said than done. But I hear what you’re saying

CountZero

ok in a decent recording studio but in a room shared with all the backline, easier said than done. But I hear what you’re saying

Pardon?

timc
    Free Member

please make your logo atleast fit / work in a square? 😆

Northwind

john_drummer – Member

3 guesses

Pianist?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Pardon?

I have 2 electronic metronomes. even on max volume with KRK studio headphones, neither of them can compete with the noise of the backline. Especially the bass rig.
    In a recording studio, either there’s a separate drum room, or the band shares the room and plugs straight into the desk for the guide tracks, and the rest of the instruments come through the headphones at a level that the click track can compete with.

john_drummer
    Free Member

thanks for all the views & plays folks, that’s got us almost into the top 20 for our category & location 🙂

http://www.reverbnation.com/main/charts/Local/alternative?page=3

6079smithw
    Free Member

Not too bad.

wordnumb – Member

Have you ever considered rehearsing with a click track?Do people make love to the beat of a metronome?

john_drummer
    Free Member

cheers 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

thanks for all the views & plays folks, that’s got us almost into the top 20 for our category & location

make that “almost top ten” – up to #13 now 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘can I plug my band now?’ is closed to new replies.