Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I order a book from Amazon.com for delivery in the USA?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

From my UK Amazon account?

Am I missing something obvious but this would be quite useful for some people?

midlifecrashes

Yep, just don’t sign up for Prime at the same time.

jimdubleyou

I haven’t tried it myself, but yes I believe you can.

Want to send a book on self-awareness to the president?

cornholio98
    Free Member

Your amazon account will work with every amazon domain. I believe prime is global too.

Sometimes they get pissy and you have to order from the local site but it isn’t really an issue. Only thing is if you need it by a specific time you have to pay for shipping the free stuff is a bit hit and miss.

nickdavies

I’ve gone the other way us to uk once, and have ordered from amazon.fr a few times to get things that were a lot cheaper there. I think the French ones even had free delivery!

Don’t know if the Americans put import tax on books, but that and a handling fee could be a bit of a bummer.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Sweamrs regularly orders amazon uk from Canada and our parents order Amazon Canada from the UK. Make sure the domains are correct but I think it’s pretty seemless.

Amazon has made birthday/ Christmas shopping across the world much easier.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Prime in Canada does not work with my UK prime sub.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Should be able to order from Amazon.com to deliver to US address ok, and will be way cheaper on shipping and taxes than ordering from UK.

There may be some exceptions where an item has to be ordered by US resident but books should be fine.

Have ordered to UK often in the past also from .com, .ca, .fr and .jp with same account.

You end up with a profile on each site though. Order history only appears for the relevant site.

aracer
    Free Member

Prime in Canada does not work with my UK prime sub.

I accidentally signed up for a trial of prime in the US once – it didn’t work on UK site. That bit seems to be completely separate.

robw1
    Free Member

yes. I do this buying xmas presents for family who live there. Just go down to the bottom on the page and select the USA flag. You can then just order from Amazon USA. tax and delivery are usually extra.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I order a book from Amazon.com for delivery in the USA?’ is closed to new replies.