Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can I nitromors…
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A plasticoat finish on a ti spring?

None in stock of the type Im after….theres one on ebay in a colour that makes my eyes bleed…

Will it look like a standard ti spring after – or do they apply a finish to the silver ones?

alric
    Free Member

better to burn it off?

Northwind

Modern nitromors is rubbish, they took out all the evil stuff. Hot air gun might do it better? But a spring’s going to be a pain in the arse to clean stuff off. I don’t know what the heat tolerances will be before you affect the spring but I’d assume they’ll be above the point where a plastic coating melts.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Not sure I feel like burning plastic….Ill just get a Valt spring and the Fox adapter.

Cheers chaps.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

paint it black with a rattle can?

RobHilton
    Free Member

a colour that makes my eyes bleed…

Enduuuuuuro!!

avdave2

Modern nitromors is rubbish, they took out all the evil stuff.

These days you could happily Nitromors your nuts.

PolisherMan

Nitromoors won’t touch it. Paramose is your friend, but it has a big skull and crossbones sticker on the side of the tin….

stevied
    Free Member

^ just for pirate use then?

maxtorque

If it’s really Ti, i’d suggest not. Ti is funny stuff, any chromium or aggressive things like bleach in contact with it can cause early life failure!

vongassit
    Free Member

stevied – Member

^ just for pirate use then?

😆

jamj1974

Could you not cut a line down the outside edge of the coils and then ‘unwrap’ the plastic?

Speshpaul

“better to burn it off? “

burning springs= non springy springs.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I went full enduro though and bought an SLS spring – couldn’t be bothered faffing around with Cane Creek VALT adapters/ordering them from Germany…I’m impantient.

😐

Cheers anyway chaps.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can I nitromors…’ is closed to new replies.