Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • can i hear a ‘hell yeah’ for The Wire
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Just watched the final episode, Tv is pretty crap here so we’ve made our way through curb your enthusiasm then got to last 6 episodes of The Sopranos before starting The Wire as a replacement. Still not seen those last 6 episodes.

**** me. What can I say? Awesome stuff and worryingly accurate in places. I know Im about to **** myself in the public service, hell Im going to pay about 30 grand just to train but despite it all, despite the nonsense, I still want to do it.

in the words of Freamon, A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

ladies and gentlemen, The Wire

mrchrispy

very much looking forward to season 2 starting on Monday.

mrchrispy

very much looking forward to season 2 starting on Monday.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Just finished Season 3.

😯

Can’t wait to begin Season 4. Just anticipating how the plot will continue to twist and turn.

Brilliantly written characters, very sharp dialogue, and unlike most of the generic rubbish out there, the story lines are all very unpredictable.

mrchrispy, no spoilers to ruin your enjoyment but the interrogation scene involving Bunk and Freamon…. 😀

flatback
    Free Member

indeed

CountZero

Makes me smile. I started watching from Season 1 on FX when it was first released around, what, four/five years ago? Great TV, and a surprising number of Brit actors in it, too.
    [edit] Just checked IMDB and The Wire started seven years ago, 2002, so it was probably on FX in the UK a bit later, say 2003. Just feel a bit smug picking up on it before all the media hype started. Where were you people? [/edit]

ji
    Free Member

Mos Def. The final series was amazing, with the last episode one of the best bits of TV I have ever seen. How the threads of people’s stories flow through from one series to another is excellent too. My only complaint was not seeing what happened to White Mike (from series 2).

fontmoss
    Free Member

countzero hold your horses son, Ive finished it you hear me, finished!

Ha i dont even live in the UK

😉

ridethelakes
    Free Member

True dat you feel me.

fontmoss
    Free Member

is it just me or was the first series fricking impossible to hear? like the sound in the background was set way high and when they spoke it was quieter??

anyway awesome stuff and well recommended

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I saw season 2 was starting and thought about Sky plussing it as I had heard so much good stuff about it. Thing is I haven’t seen season 1 – will I be lost or is it the kind of thing you can come into half way through?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Sky+ it all but don’t watch it until you’ve bought series one and watched that. The writers don’t patronise you with awkward discussions between characters to let you catch up with the plot (like most US crime/model shows) so you’ll get more out of it by watching series 1 first. You’ll also learn more about the characters and their histories. It will be money well spent.

cove123

RE UP, narco’s excellent!

re-watching it on bbc2 as 1st wactched on a dodgy pirate copy from KL and i feel some bits got missed!

Bubbles is living the dream???

fontmoss
    Free Member

5-o! 5-o!

its the names of drugs through the series’ that are awesome too:

WMD, Pandemic etc, genius!

couby
    Free Member

how have i missed this? any good streaming sites for me to “get involved?”

CaptJon
    Free Member

how have i missed this? any good streaming sites for me to “get involved?”

Go and buy it.

mrchrispy

series 1 is about 20 notes and series 2 starts tomorrow night on BBC2.
    it may be possible to go buy it in the morning, get home and watch the lot before s0201 starts 🙂

couby
    Free Member

well thats my mayday holiday planned, excellent! 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘can i hear a ‘hell yeah’ for The Wire’ is closed to new replies.