Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can I have you opinions on these please.
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

The bug of mtb'ing have only just hit me although i've had a bike for a few years now though mainly used as a commuter with the occassional trek off road. Over this time I have aquired three sets of tyres. My new bike has come shod with a Schwable Racing Ralph/ Rocket Ron combo. I also have a pair of fire xc pros and a Kenda Blue Groove/ Nevegal combo all in 2.1.
    I've searched through the forum threads but can't get any conclusive answers.
    Would you kind people be able to offer your opinions on these tyres for the current balls weather we've been having. Main type of riding are bridle ways/ byways with single tracks through woods. Don't want to get to a trail and realise I have the wrong tyres on. Thanks in advance MM

perks

my fire xc pros are great…in fact not even disastrous in the mud either…

njee20
    Free Member

100% personal preference.

I like Rons and Ralphs, the latter are a bit tougher (assuming they're the Evolution ones with the grey lettering on the side), the former have a bit more tread and are better in the wet.

I hate Fire XC Pros, no grip at all in my opinion. Not tried the Kendas, but they have a good following.

Ride all 3 and see what you like.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Fire XC Pro's are a fiar all rounder but moved onto others and TBH there are def better tyres around – Gone with MK Protection 2.2 – good all rounder but wear out quickly and going to try Maxxis mingins when these wear out.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've searched through the forum threads but can't get any conclusive answers.

This is a wind-up.

BlingBling
    Free Member

FireXC Pro out of those options

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Haven't tried he Kendas or xc'x on the new bike yet but I did find the Schwables a bit washey in the mud the other night after some heavy rain, although very fast on hard packed tracks. The kendas came from my old HT and did find them hard going on the road but if i'm on byways etc then it shouldn'nt really matter about that i suppose. My initial thoughts was to give the kendas a go. Like you said, trial and error i guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can I have you opinions on these please.’ is closed to new replies.