Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Can I get through lunchtime without buying a bike?
  • vintagewino
    Free Member

Evans in the ground floor of the building next to where I work and those Arkose 4’s down to under a grand. And it’s Friday. hmmm…

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you seek permission then you have the Go from me 😆

kraftyone
    Free Member

Green light here, I repeat, green light.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

THINK OF ALL THE MONEY YOU’D BE SAVING! >this excuse works for the wife so it’s certainly good enough for you<

martinhutch

wrecker
    Free Member

Undecided? here, let me help;

ben98
    Free Member

105 hydro brakes? For a grand? Buy it now man!

vintagewino
    Free Member

£50 deposit down for my size bike. They may have one in a box in the back of the shop, they are going to call me. If I was an inch taller I’d have bought the one on the shop floor.

Yak

Good work. No mucking about with endless threads on this – just a little teaser then you went and got it. Nice.

peteimpreza

Well done that man

pictonroad

OP. How could you. aarrgghhh.. 😯

vintagewino
    Free Member

ok – it’s not actually bought – yet! But I’m imagining myself riding it already and we all know what that means.

m1kea
    Free Member

Spooky. I went and had a pootle about on one this morning. The bars and wheels would need replacing PDQ though I haven’t decided whether to pull the trigger tomorrow yet.

My Evans mates showed me this Norco which was very nice and wouldn’t need any upgrades. Fortunately???? they didn’t have any in my size

allthepies
    Free Member

I approve of this thread.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Since you’ve paid a deposit then you will lose money if you don’t buy one, and in these times of austerity that would be foolish.

akira

Actually you don’t lose the money but if you don’t buy it you know you’ll regret it.

m1kea
    Free Member

Went and brought mine yesterday.

Have so far replaced wheels, bars, stem seat post and saddle though haven’t ridden it anywhere 🙄

Having ‘fun’ replacing shoe cleats so hope to give it a whirl on tomorrow’s commute.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Golly, that Norco Search XR looks lush.

pictonroad

Thanks to the OP for pointing out this had sneaked £1 under the cycle to work threshold. Some undignified begging to the kind people at Evans to hold the price whilst I organised a voucher and this shall be mine on Friday!

I can even ride it to work, now, what shoes for gnarmaccing?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

My new one arrives tomorrow, now how to tell Mrs M………

vintagewino
    Free Member

ooh, threadbump! so, update, I rode the Arkose and it was, on reflection a bit too upright for what I was looking for, too different from my current roadie. However they had those CAAD10 discs on 25% off so I’ve got one of those coming in to try tomorrow. £50 will not be wasted!

davosaurusrex

Showing as £1150 on the site, did I miss an offer? Been wanting one of these on C2W for a while now

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Since the thread has resurfaced (and I can) I shall add a counterpoint to your not having bought a bike.

I didn’t make it to lunch without buying a bike today.

vintagewino
    Free Member

yes! not even making it till lunchtime, nice one!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Can I get through lunchtime without buying a bike?’ is closed to new replies.