Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can I get Sky without a dish?
  • DrJ

I am moving soon to a place where I can’t put a Sky dish. My current Sky contract still has some months to run, so I’m wondering if I can move it to the new place and keep the internet and phone and just watch TV on catchup and then move to a different supplier. Do you think they’ll let me do that?

euans2
    Free Member

You should be alowed to cancel your contract if you move to a new area where you can’t receive the services

DrJ

It’s not the area, just the building where dishes aren’t allowed. I guess I could just ask Sky …

jp-t853

You can watch on pc but not necessarily convenient.

Maybe they can transfer subs to now tv and you could chromecast to a tv

DrJ

Thinking I can mirror my laptop to Apple TV. As you say,not convenient but it’s just til the contract runs out. Gonna need all my spare cash for mortgage payments 🙁

Lifer
    Free Member

Sky Go app on the PS3, if you have a PS3

Cougar

Sky Go app on a device, if you have a device.

I’d ring Sky if I were you, tell them you’re moving and won’t be able to receive their service, see what they say.

unovolo
    Free Member

What’s the reason for not allowing a Sky dish ie.listed building, conservation area, Apartment block?

I worked on several new build housing estates when I was a Sky engineer and it was quite common for the developers to state in the particulars that no Sky dishes could be fitted to the front elevation of the property.

Unsurprisingly quite often the line of sight for the dish meant they needed to be located on the front.
    And again unsurprisingly the owners decided to ignore what the developers stated and we fitted the dishes anyway and there still there now.

Might be worth enquiring what the issue with them is.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can I get Sky without a dish?’ is closed to new replies.