Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can I get sealant into Tubs?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Missing the ride of tubs, so putting some on my 'gentlemens' road bike. But there's no way of getting sealant into the things is there?

Duc
    Free Member

Yup

Use a stans Syringe thingy, works a treat I think the amount is a little "trial and error"
    Remove valve core put valve at around 8 o'clock and squirt !
    Replace valve core , inflate…………

Everyone thats never had skinny tires on here is now thinking "why haven't they tried to seat it properly yet"

I've had moderate success with those Vittoria sealant cans as well (although thats after the event)

You're in MK aren't you oldgit ?
    If so I can lend you my syriung thingie some time if you like

aP
    Free Member

You could always try a splodge of Tufo sealant. Same technique as above with the medical aspects.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yes, but don't. Unless their tufos. Tubs with latex tubes in them get damaged by the sealant as it stick the sides of the tube together. Was told this by the guy that owns dugast when I took some that I'd stans'd for repair. Tufos don't have a tube in them so don't get damaged in the same way.

oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers, wish Conti or Vittoria would say if their tubs had removeable cores.
    Buying some of those cheap Conti Giros for my old Gios.

Duc
    Free Member

I thought all Conti's had removable cores. I know the cheap Vredesteins I had didn't but they were absolutely bomb proof anyway.
    I've never used Vittoria Rally's but have used the cheap Corsa's which had a remvable core in them

schmiken

Almost all road tubs have removable cores so you can put 'proper' valve extenders in em for deep section wheels.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can I get sealant into Tubs?’ is closed to new replies.