• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by csb.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can I get out of this mortgage?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Following in the line of splitting up threads can anyone help with this.

I was told to leave by my ex(we were not married) and I went in April 2011.We have a 12 year old son who is with her in the house we jointly own .The mortgage is in both our names but she pays it since I left

I have since met someone else and am getting married next year and want out of this situation

There is no way the ex has the finance or credit rating to take on the mortgage is there a way out or am I stuck until my sprog reaches 18 and I can make her sell ?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Does the mortgage company know the situation? You might end up in bother with them anyway?
    If you can prove to them that it has been solely paid by your ex they may let her take it on as long as there is a chunk of equity.
    All speculation though.

Edric64
    Free Member

Yes they do know as I have spoken to them .She would need to go through a new application on her own which she is not in a position to do

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    itsmygame
    Free Member

Thought I saw on my mortgage that I could remove a name from it for a £75 admin charge. As long as its getting paid surely there won’t be any raised eyebrows ??

Read the policy and see list of charges?

Good luck

garage-dweller

A mortgage is a contractual document you need to look at its terms to see what can be done.

csb

If I was a mortgage lender and I’d struck a deal with a couple based on one good income and one poor, I wouldn’t let the higher earner out of the deal. Same with two equal contributors, if they are both needed to make it viable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can I get out of this mortgage?’ is closed to new replies.