Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Can I get better than this for under £2K ? Carbon Habit SE.
  • rockhopper70

I’ll confess, I’m a Cannondale fan so when this popped up on my emails it peeked my interest as I was looking to change my 04 Jekyll next year.
    Aside from the colour (colourway) it’s looks a good buy. The 2016 version with a lefty got a good write up.

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/mountain-bikes/cannondale-habit-carbon-se-2017-full-suspension-mountain-bike-purple_372260?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8bLCkNPL1wIVZrftCh3mIAyFEAQYASABEgJr-PD_BwE#infospec

I sort of had my heart set on a S150 but this is best part of a grand cheaper.

It’s less than £2k as there is currently £100 off voucher and 3% cash back.

Ive done the obligatory check on Paul’s Cycles and nothing in Carbon or with pikes.

devash
    Free Member

Whack it on the credit card and live for today!

ogden
    Free Member

Looks really good for the money!

tdog
    Free Member

Spot n for the money, bear in mind it has a pressfit bb so swapout for a screwtype pressfit.

Fandabbydozzy

ta11pau1

At £3.5k that would be a bit pricy but at £2k? Bargain!

Even if you added GX eagle to match the S150S you’d still be quids in AND have a carbon frame.

plus-one

I think that colour is cool as f*** 😀

I love loud shit though 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

You’d be mad not to.

You should regret the things you’ve done, not the things you haven’t.

Imagine how you’d feel if you checked and your size was no longer available….

nairnster
    Free Member

Get it bought.

That is a very nice bike.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

colour is fantastic

BFITH
    Free Member

Thought we’d discussed this…..
    If you get a bike that colour you’ll have to find a new riding buddy (carbon or not)!

😕

joebristol

I quite like it in purple and the spec for the money, especially bearing in mind the carbon frame, is great.

I wouldn’t worry about swapping the gears out for Eagle (as suggested above) unless you do a lot of flat / easy fireroads etc and need more top end. I’ve found 11 speed GX has more than enough range for me.

rockhopper70

BFITH – Member
    Thought we’d discussed this…..
    If you get a bike that colour you’ll have to find a new riding buddy (carbon or not)!

What, even in the winter, during dark nights?

The general STW consensus is the colorway is ace and I won’t do that super-tarty thing of getting matching pedals and grips, albeit slightly the wrong shade, and then wearing matching clothing. I’ll not be buying a purple helmet etc.

🙄

vincienup
    Free Member

Canondale are normally well off my radar but if I was in the market for a FS bike right now I’d be very interested in that!

ads678

Aargh, Colourway! Swapout!! This thread is making me scream in side..

I’ll not be buying a purple helmet etc

Purple helmet though 😆

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with purple, case in point..

https://www.moredirt.com/photo/92647

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve demo’d a Habit* and flippin loved it. Not much more to say really, excellent ride.

*Bad Habit (the Plus version)
    **with Lefty

ichabod
    Free Member

If you are after longer travel you can get a Vitus Sommet carbon on CRC for around the same amount with similar spec (pikes/x1 etc)

matt_outandabout

PURPLE! Oh yes…

dirkpitt74

That looks a proper bargain, colour is pretty good too!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I can’t see anything better than this in the classifieds:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cannondale-habit-reduced

Pretty much unridden due to circumstances. If my Jekyll hadn’t been found I would have bought this at the previous price let along the new one.

granny_ring

Like it OP, wonder what the real world weight of it is.

scotthep
    Free Member

Is the voucher code save100.? Doesn’t work for me

rockhopper70

Yes, it was.
    It’s expired I think, I need to alter the thread name now.

tdog
    Free Member

That’s what you get for being slow off the mark and asking us an opinion on your future purchase 😛

Go for it then post pics here

BFITH
    Free Member

The general STW consensus

😀

tdog
    Free Member

That and we are all black sheep 😛

rockhopper70
    latham2104
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2016 Habit SE in an even more lurid aqua colour and i really rate it. Frame is exactly the same as the 2017 that you’re looking at, but i have the Lefty fork. Real world weight is circa 28lbs.

The one thing i changed straight away was the 30t front ring – i was spinning like a top – trouble is, it’s an expensive change – the 34T ring i got was around £70, and i had to buy an expensive tool to get the ring off.

That aside, its a great bike – perfect for local XC and enough for trail centres and BPW. Reviews well if you search and at £2k a bargin IMO.

BFITH
    Free Member

Better colour and more tyrey.

Prefer the purple…… 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Prefer the purple…..

Yeah, but the green is the BAD Habit… that’s the one I’d get. (As a N+1 😀 )

core

Like the purple, do eeeeet!

DIgitaltom
    Free Member

That looks pretty damn good for the price, best other deals I could find at the link below, similar bikes 35-40% discount around the same price mark.

Prefer the purple though!

https://gearpursuit.com/shop/mountain-bikes/?category=full-suspension-mountain-bikes&price_from=1500&price_to=100000&view=discount_descending&asrc=fsmtb

tdog
    Free Member

That site looks bit dodgy and annoying as no spec listed for the Ghost that I clicked onto plus think op wants a decent bike for 2k or less.

DIgitaltom
    Free Member

Yeah they also seem to be having some image issues, just fixed the link for 2k or less, sorry about that!

I just found the site useful for comparing suppliers without having to mess around with multiple catalogues and it seems pretty nippy – each to their own 😀

https://gearpursuit.com/shop/mountain-bikes/?category=full-suspension-mountain-bikes&price_from=1500&price_to=2000&view=discount_descending&asrc=fsmtb

Edit: Just checked the ghost (the one i assume you’re talking about) and noticed specs? odd!

digger95
    Free Member

If it doesn’t have to be carbon this is £100 cheaper and probably 1kg lighter:
    https://www.merlincycles.com/ktm-lycan-272-special-edition-custom-build-mountain-bike-2017-105317.html
    …not pikes either.

chestrockwell

Certainly seems a lot of bike for the money. Not many holes in the spec including class dropper.

tdog
    Free Member

How could you possibly tell which ghost I was looking at!? Bizarre…

Plus no specs listed

zerolight
    Free Member

Looks nice. I loved my Trigger whilst I had it, Cannondale make nice bikes. YT have a sale on right now, if you can get another £600 together you could get a Jeffsy 2 CF somewhere in between the Cannondale and the S150 pricing.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Looks awesome in that colour. My LBS owner has last years one and loves it. Considering he could pretty much have any bike he wanted it can’t be too bad

DIgitaltom
    Free Member

tdog – I just scrolled down through on the list haha – hence the assumption 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Can I get better than this for under £2K ? Carbon Habit SE.’ is closed to new replies.