Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can i get a refund on a recurring payment Ive messed up on
  • crazant
    Free Member

Been a member on dating direct for 6 months and after meeting someone was conscious I needed to cancel with Dating direct, I genuinely thought i had done this about 5 weeks ago, anyway obviously I didnt and yesterday 77 quid came out of my paypal account,( i forgot they set up a recurring payment with paypal) I tried the bank, paypal and a nice email to dating direct to try to stop this payment, i even offered to pay for a month not 3 months as I realized my mistake…

The forums are full of complaints about this company and how hard it is to cancel etc but have I got a legal right to a refund…does the 14 cooling of period only apply to first contract or every renewal..

I probably know I’ll just have to take this on the chin but 77 quid is a lot of dosh to me at the mo and its p..sing me off…

Thanks
    Anthony

Mackem

Sub-consciously you know your current other-half isnt “the one” – that’s why you “forgot” to cancel. Just dump the current one and go on more dates.

crazant
    Free Member

theres an idea 🙂 this one is for keeps so wont be looking….

eckinspain
    Free Member

more important than the 77 quid is how you explain to “the special one” why you’ve carried on paying for a dating site after you met her.

excessions
    Free Member

I had this issue with match. If you haven’t logged on to your account since the payment went out you can ring them and they should give you a refund as you haven’t used the service.

If you’ve logged on they will not refund. if you have any proof of the cancellation, phone records or screenshots they should also accept those.

martinhutch

If you have evidence of proper cancellation under the t&cs – email you sent etc, then you could approach Paypal to reverse the payment.

If you didn’t cancel properly, then the t&cs apply and you are just reliant on asking the company nicely, which, given what you’ve said, is unlikely to be successful.

At least you have the warm glow of lovely love to help ease the pain.

crazant
    Free Member

thanks, think I’m knackered and you cant help logging onto site to get to the cancellation stuff etc, haven’t looked at any profiles etc…The 77 quid is for a six month subscription I have offered to pay a third which is a months but they don’t seem to having it…..as mentioned I’ll just be happy I’ve got a new love and wont have to pay for anymore sites…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can i get a refund on a recurring payment Ive messed up on’ is closed to new replies.