Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Can I fit a laptop sized bag to a Topeak Beam rack?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I want to use a Topeak beam style raqck for my daily commute, all thats required to carry is a light change of clothes and my laptop.
    All the reviews ive found so far state that the Topeak MTX trunk bags aren’t capable of taking a laptop.
    Are there any exceptions to this? does anyone here have a similar set up?

drlex
    Free Member
    RustyMac

This will definitely take a 15″ laptop and some clothes.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=37966

My girlfriend uses it for her commute for that exact purpose.

Kieran

I tried a Topeak beam rack for my commute for a few weeks and got rid of it (well its still sat in the garage – I’ll do you a good deal if your desperate)

It weighed a ton, noisy, flexed like mad (and that was just with some socks, lunch and tool kit) It puts the weight far higher up than a normal rack too which made bike handling a bit tricky. Then I found that it had caused my seat post to crack.

Now have a Tubus Fly which is far, far better.

TiRed

I have one on one of my bike, and wouldn’t mount anything that doesn’t sit directly on the top – as per the Topeak bag. I like the MTX system and the rackbags are very good, but I wouldn’t put my Ortlieb on one side.

I also removed the QR and replaced it with a proper bolt. It doesn’t swing then, well at least not when top loaded.

For no-rack solutions, see Carradice. Someone will be along to recommend the SQR system (which I also have).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can I fit a laptop sized bag to a Topeak Beam rack?’ is closed to new replies.