Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Can I fit a 140mm brake adapter inbred slot dropout
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Essentially, can I fit a 140mm brake adapter with m775 caliper on the rear of my slot dropout 29er inbred?

I’ve had to mount the wheel further back in the dropout with monkey nuts for tyre clearance purposes and with a 160mm rotor and mount fitted, only half of the braking surface is being grabbed by the pads. I can get around this with a 180mm rotor and a 160mm mount, but I’m a tart and like my rotors to match.

sic_nick

Why not just up both rotors to 180mm then?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

That would mean buying another 180mm hope m4 mono mini floating rotor…and they’re few and far between (and not cheap when they do pop up…price of being a tart!)

I’ve bought a 160mm front adapter (should fit 140mm rear) so if it doesn’t work, i’ll just sell the hope rotors and stick to my non tarty tektro ones.

Read somewhere that M765 calipers with 140mm adaptors fouled the chainsays, but not sure if M775’s will, as they’re a bit smaller. Will just have to wait for new adapter to arrive to find out!

pickle
    Free Member

just stop being a tart 😉

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Yes, was the answer with a bit of bodging.

+1 to Superstar on service there, bought adapter yesterday and it arrived this morning.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can I fit a 140mm brake adapter inbred slot dropout’ is closed to new replies.