Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can I do better than a Firefox 5 for under £500?
  • freddiest

Sorry for another stove question but I’m after something up to 5kw and the Firefox seems ok and cheap at under £400. Is there anything better for around £500 or should I just go for it?

DrP

That is pretty cheap..
    I thought our Ekol Clarity was really good value at £600!

Here’s some cheap stoves…

Though I’ve never met Julian, his online manual on how to fit stoves is top notch, so I’d trust his reviews (that’s why we went for the Ekol)

DrP

rockhopper70

We’ve got a firefox 5, the rounder edged version (cant recallthe exact model) and its a good little stove.
    No complaints here.

EDIT, I think it is the cleanburn version, with the single aperture in the door for the air intake.

spooky_b329

Very happy with mine. The Carron 4.7kw is a bit wider so takes longer logs, enamelled finish (various colours) which I quite like, wife not a fan so we went with the Firefox.

freddiest

Thanks for the replies. Think I might just go for it then. At the price, I could always upgrade it in the future when funds allow.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Where you at andyflaw? I’m sure my local merchants selling them slightly cheaper than that.

freddiest

NW Englandshire(Southport) wrightyson. Not looked in my local suppliers yet. Was just going off approximate internet prices. I’d rather get one from a shop really but I’ll have to see if anywhere local stocks them.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Andy, I was in the merchants yesterday. The Firefox 5 is 300 plus the vat so it’s probably worth shopping around. Thats frank key in Alfreton if you need a ref for a price match.

freddiest

Thanks all. Picked one up for £315 (plus £50 delivery). It’s a bit smaller than I expected but seems really good quality. Just got to sort out a hearth and fit it all now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can I do better than a Firefox 5 for under £500?’ is closed to new replies.