Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can I do a 'what's it worth' post?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Having trouble flogging my bike and I don’t know if it’s because it’s a Giant or because it’s a xc race type bike?
    It’s a XTC frame, XT, XTR Shifters, Mono-Minis, Reba World Cups, Crossrides with SK Supersonics, Flite, Thomson post, Truvativ stem and USE carbon risers.
    Price is getting so low, I don’t think it’s worth selling I’m at the point where I think I’ll just throw a dust sheet over it and leave it in the garage.
    Give me an opinion, just to see if I was out or not.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two and six.

oldgit
    Free Member

Two and six for a two and eight?

khani
    Free Member

Break it, bikes rarely sell for the sum of their parts

sniff
    Free Member

Yeah brake it up ’cause it’s confusing looking at your old posts of it and some folk say i’ll take the wheels others will take the tyres etc. That just puts people off enquiring about the whole bike.

Strip it, polish everything, take some good pictures and post separately. Load all the pics (or a link to them) i.e. make it easy for people to see what’s on offer rather than having to post a message/email you for them.

Have you tried bikeradar? Bit more hassle/daft questions but might get a buyer.

oldgit
    Free Member

I just have the feeling I’ll be left with the frame and forks.

Good point though, my Nicolai went for far more than I was asking when I stripped it. Plus I’ve got other goodies I could sell.

Smarty
    Free Member

It’s a XTC frame(£100), XT(cranks i assume(£50)), XTR Shifters(£65), Mono-Minis(£75), Reba World Cups(£100), Crossrides with SK Supersonics(£150), Flite(£20), Thomson post(£35), Truvativ stem(£20) and USE carbon risers(£45). Those are VERY rough prices but you soon see that it’s worth splitting, that’s £660 there and there’s still other parts yet, chain, cassette, grips, bottom backet, pedals.

I’m sure somebody will come along and say “OH that bit’s not worth so much” but I’m just suggesting rough prices that seem reasonable. Only you can decide what it’s worth to you as to whether you keep it/sell it/split it.

khani
    Free Member

Reba world cups should sell ok posh forks they are, the frame is good but like any big brand it won’t fetch nichwhore s/hand prices but it’s not worthless, but the extra you get for the bits by breaking it up makes up for what you lose on the frame

khani
    Free Member

If you got any reba world cups for £100 I’ll have two please 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Think I’ll go for it, got spare Flite and SLR saddles, Tektro cantis, bars and some retro stuff.
    Better get some boxes.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ooh XTC you say, what size?

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s a medium, which measures about 17.5″. Just an XTC the one you buy frame only.

z1ppy

Smarty’s pricing is out on the Reba WC’s, I’ve look lately and normal good ones are £140-200 dependant on age and model, those WC’s should definitely be in the upper range if not a lot more.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can I do a 'what's it worth' post?’ is closed to new replies.