• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can I declare a new niche?
  • igm

OK cut to the chase.

"Dadcore"

Where parenthood hits hardcore (biking that is before some of the regulars get perturbed). And just to be clear Dadcore is not restricted to men – mumcore just sounds wrong.

Members of said niche display the normal STW healthy interest in things two-wheeled, but with the added question "will it tow a trailer, how do you get a child seat on that?"

You know, 6 inch travel full suss bike, but what's the performance like once you have toddler on it?

Brands which indicate possible Dadcore would include LOCT, Co-pilot, Islabike etc – but only in the right circumstances. A Co-pilot on a hybrid is not dadcore; but a Co-pilot on an Inbred…

There's a few of us out there I'm thinking

Just bought our three year old his first Camelbak today. After we'd been round Dixon's Hollow and bits of the red route.

djglover
    Free Member

Not niche at all, saw millions of trailers and rear seats at Swinley today. Mostly fitted to £200 and below bikes.

Have been looking at options for our twins and London Cycling Campaign have offered my £500 worth of twin trailer on long term loan, for free.

postierich
    Free Member

is this classed as dadcore?

igm

Not on the single track you didn't – or am I wrong

Edit
    Sorry Rich – I would say you're in. Is that a SS too? Well in.

dobby156
    Free Member

Urghhh, Nothing I hate more than having track clogged up with encouraging parents with slow kids.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"saw millions of trailers and rear seats"

I've told you a million times: don't exaggerate!

Smee
    Free Member

You can get a two seater chariot trailer round most of GT red and the easier freeride park is good.

nuke

My old dadcore bike…

😀

igm

Now that's what I'm talking about

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can I declare a new niche?’ is closed to new replies.