Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • can i convert to tubeless Mavic 319
  • chrisb57
    Free Member

Hi all ,please could someone tell me if its possible to convert the Mavic 319 rims to tubeless as they are not specific tubeless rdy.i got these on my brand new Orange P7 many thanks for any help.

Lummox

Converted my en521’s and 317’s using the ‘ghetto method’

20″ bmx tube

Fitted to run then cut through outside and folded over rim edge, pushed into rim trough.

Non tubess tyre fitted all but 2″, two cups of stans sealent.

Inflated using ghetto inflator ( or air compressor for ease)

Sealent dance performed and mins later wheels sealed and good to go, excess tube cut away for ‘looks’

Been running this for about two months and have had zero issues, I’m even trying to get punctures.

nosedive
    Free Member

yes you can. you will need some form of rimstrip to do it properly. stan’s make them, silly expensive for what they are though. I think you would need the olympic rim strip for that size rim but I’m not 100% sure.

erny
    Free Member

I’ve done my 719’s with the stans kit

chrisb57
    Free Member

what about stans rim strip were it has the valve already attached to the tape .?

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve done my 719’s with the standard Stans rim strip, can’t see the 319 being that much different. First time they went up with a track pump, however every time I’ve changed tyres since I’ve had to use a compressor, probably due to the rim strip forming to the shape of the rim.

FYI, first time was with Panaracer Fire XC pro tyres and they were forever burping. Since switched to Maxxis Ardent and Advantage and never had problems since.

curvature
    Free Member

Chris, the Stans kit is the one with the built in valve.

I have found with my 317’s that wider tyres are easier to inflate.

continuity
    Free Member

Tried 317’s with the gorilla tape method and they wouldn’t seal with a track pump on Mountain King’s. The bead wouldn’t seat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘can i convert to tubeless Mavic 319’ is closed to new replies.