Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I convert an Apple lightning to a micro USB or Bluetooth?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Have an old lightning dock that doesn’t like new IOS.

I would like to use the lightning connector on the dock and convert it to charge micro devices or even power a Bluetooth dongle.

Looked on Amazon etc but closest thing I have found a Chinese item but wanted to order one from the U.K.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They would only work for charging and not audio anyway afaik

Frankenstein
    Free Member

That’s actually what I need – just the charging.

hammyuk
    Free Member

You’ll find a UK shipper on Amazon no doubt but expect to pay a little more for a shorter wait for the identical item.

bruneep

bollox 😳

Cougar

I would like to use the lightning connector … to power a Bluetooth dongle.

That’s actually what I need – just the charging.

What are you doing with the BT dongle if not channelling audio?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well I bought a Bluetooth receiver that’s hooked up to an aux in on the back of the docking unit.

The Bluetooth receiver lasts 7 hrs and charges through a micro USB port in 2 about hours. It has a circuit to prevent over charging.

I was thinking of using the built-in lightning jack to charge the Bluetooth receiver by an adapter.

Think I will just give the clock dock away and buy a new one in the sales etc.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

That would work. And they are available in UK. I searched 8 pin lightning to micro USB

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hi, I did search exactly what you typed and only found a plug that turns a micro cable into a lightning cable.

Anyway I got the adapter that allows me to micro USB devices for charging only. Then used Bluetooth receiver plugged into the aux input and charged by the dock.

Looks so discreet too and friends have thought it was part of the clock.

Sound is great and I can stream my phone music from different rooms in the house no problem.

Superficial
    Free Member

Try nextdayshop. I have a tiny micro USB to lightning adaptor for charging my iPhone. It works brilliantly, the only issue is that it’s quite small and I fear losing it. I guess you need the ‘opposite’ of that though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I convert an Apple lightning to a micro USB or Bluetooth?’ is closed to new replies.