Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can I change my solo air Sektors to coil ?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Solo air Rl 150mm,
    Just wondering if it is possible to fit the spring assembly to make them coil.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Didn’t one of the guys from one of the UK bike mags try that with the Sektor from his Zesty. Ended up ruining it if I recall. It is possible, but the moral of the story was don’t attempt it yourself, send it to someone who knows what they are doing…

j-cru
    Free Member

You can buy a u-turn spring assy for 150mm sektor’s off ebay for about £40 delivered, looks an easy enough job. Plenty of sram guides on their website and youtube, but i don’t know if that specific job is covered.

BadlyWiredDog

One other thing, the top-out spring for the Coil U-Turn Sektor is actually part of the rebound damper assembly, so if you get a harsh top-out, you may need to look at upgrading that as well, which would be expensive.

j-cru
    Free Member

One other thing, the top-out spring for the Coil U-Turn Sektor is actually part of the rebound damper assembly, so if you get a harsh top-out, you may need to look at upgrading that as well, which would be expensive.

Are you sure about this? Spring in left leg and damping in right leg on most rockshox.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My coil u turn adjuster is on the left leg not the right damping side

BadlyWiredDog

Yes I am sure. The way the coil u-turn sektor works is that the main u-turn assembly is in the lefthand leg. Normally, there’s also a small top-out spring in the same leg, with a Pike for example. In the Sektor, the main spring is in the left, as per normal, but the small top out spring is part of the rebound damper assembly. I’m not talking about the main spring, it’s a much smaller secondary spring that’s there so the fork’s top-out is slightly cushioned.

I know this because I have a coil u-turn sektor and fitted a dual flow rebound to it and had to work out what to do with the top out spring – I actually just popped it onto the new damper stack and it seems fine.

It may be that the fork’s okay without the top-out spring, but if you do the swap and find the top out is harsh, that’s probably why.

Hope that makes sense. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can I change my solo air Sektors to coil ?’ is closed to new replies.