Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can Hope2 front hub on QR fork be made more secure?
  • Wally

I do not want to splash out on bolt through forks, but do want to investigate how a Hope2 front hub on a QR fork can be made as secure as possible.

Is there some sort of superstar hub thing I can use or DTswiss skewer?
    Currently use Shimano QR. Many thanks for any thoughts.

igm

They do a 9mm bolt through conversion I think – but you’ll need the bolt to go with.

iainc

I changed mine over to the DT skewer. The bits for the hub cost about £20, the skewer around £50. Made quite a difference and money well spent I think !

gamo
    Free Member

Superstar also do a 9mm front qr,my brother fitted this to his and made quite a difference.

druidh
    Free Member

Do you mean more secure – as in safe from theft, or more stiff? If the former, then there are lockable skewers available – e.g. Pinhead.

Wally

Not the theft angle, it’s the Pinder issue I worry more about. Stiffness would be good too.

druidh
    Free Member

Ah. For the “Pinder” problem, try tying a knot in your hanky.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Paranoid android !

Northwind

9mm bolt-through isn’t any more secure than QR though. Shimano QR is about as good as it gets for QRs, Halo do a nice bolt-in for standard QR wheels but I’m not that convinced it’s more secure than a QR. The DT one if I understand how it works correctly should be less likely to come loose than a normal QR, until it breaks.

For the Pinder problem, the solution is to tighten it up right in the first place, and be a wee bit aware of the condition of your bike so that you actually notice the thing coming loose before it escapes, if it ever does, which it probably won’t.

beanieripper
    Free Member

exactly what he said

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can Hope2 front hub on QR fork be made more secure?’ is closed to new replies.