Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can Fox F90 forks be converted to 100mm travel?
  • gingajim
    Free Member

As above really, just got a pair given to me but ideally I need 100mm to match the geometry of my frame, can it be done?

Cheers

Jim

clubber
    Free Member

Almost any fork can be limited to less travel even if not designed for it. Just fit a longer top out stack/spring or limit how far the fork can extend.

gingajim
    Free Member

Sorry mate, I need to extend the travel to 100mm, is it possible?

clubber
    Free Member

Ah yes. Oops. I suspect that the f90 is limited to 90mm. I doubt Thought that 10mm (more like 7 when you account for sag) will make any real difference

scant
    Free Member

you ride like a girl james. when you gonna make a posse ride? I add you to the emails but never here from you!

you'd be better off asking mojo & letting them know the exact fork model.

clubber
    Free Member

Another option is to fit a +10mm headset.

gingajim
    Free Member

Lol! Sorry Scant been focussing on my road racing! Just built up a new SS!! for riding around here (not for Wales!) Will try to get over for a kicking soon:)

foxman
    Free Member

yes, just remove the 10mm spacer from above the negative spring

scant
    Free Member

"Almost any fork can be limited to less travel even if not designed for it. Just fit a longer top out stack/spring or limit how far the fork can extend." that will only work for short reductions in travel. making big changes will affect overall damping performance & isnt recommended.

clubber
    Free Member

Scant – yes of course. I guess saw that as obvious but maybe was worth pointing out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can Fox F90 forks be converted to 100mm travel?’ is closed to new replies.